Toneboosters Legacy (v3) plug-ins FREE

mibby

2 hours ago, Peter D said:

@mibby Thanks for sharing this info. I've  been to their site and wondered if they were decent.  Their prices are certainly low. I think I'll start with checking out some of their latest demos. But I  wanted to say thanks,  I always find it really valuable when people here share their testimonials/recommendations on plugins and developers that I'm not experienced with. 

Sure thing Peter! I know ToneBoosters comes up every now and then and are very well spoken of, and I always think, "I should really check them out".  NOW, there's no reason NOT to!  ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Notes:

Tone Boosters don't allow the user to change the install path during installation, instead they install everything to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\. You must either move them to your usual VST2 location or add that path to your DAW's VST2 search paths.

Just hit back before final confirmation after the moment when the path choose is greyed. The path option will be available after this. ;)

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Tone Boosters don't allow the user to change the install path during installation, instead they install everything to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\. You must either move them to your usual VST2 location or add that path to your DAW's VST2 search paths.

In the current installer you can change the install location for VST2 versions by clicking on 'VST2 plugins' and then the 'Browse' button as shown in the image below.
image.png.9f8401ffc759dd56f43da1e21d3c1f1b.png

the installer will create a 'ToneBoosters' folder in the location you select or create.

You can't change the location of the VST3, AAX or Standalone versions - although you can opt to not have them installed..
The VST3 versions will be installed at
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\ToneBoosters

The Standalone versions are installed at
C:\Program Files\ToneBoosters

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2