Why BFD sucks

kitekrazy

It's not that painful to reauthorize with the License Manager if you've not used it for a while, honestly.  I got a free expansion pack (Horsepower) when I migrated.  I track actual acoustic drums nowadays but BFD3.4 works well on older projects which I tracked with e-drums.  

Any content that was created for BFD1 or 2 is EOL now. Except the 8 Bit Kit for some reason, not sure why.  They shifted from wave files to BFDLAC which take up less space.  No great loss.  The current 3.4.3.7 build is way easier to mix with.  The paradigm shifted from a plethora of drum makes and models sampled, to a smaller assortment with better mixing options, and better presets, etc.

Sorry it's giving you grief.  I know I paid a lot more than $49 way back when so there is that...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, John Nelson said:

It's not that painful to reauthorize with the License Manager if you've not used it for a while, honestly.  I got a free expansion pack (Horsepower) when I migrated.  I track actual acoustic drums nowadays but BFD3.4 works well on older projects which I tracked with e-drums.  

Any content that was created for BFD1 or 2 is EOL now. Except the 8 Bit Kit for some reason, not sure why.  They shifted from wave files to BFDLAC which take up less space.  No great loss.  The current 3.4.3.7 build is way easier to mix with.  The paradigm shifted from a plethora of drum makes and models sampled, to a smaller assortment with better mixing options, and better presets, etc.

Sorry it's giving you grief.  I know I paid a lot more than $49 way back when so there is that...

It is.

Geist rocks as well as tremor ... so they migt have focus on stuff they master , i really thing Toontrack and XLN have this game on lack as well as other boutique stuff (Slate ect..) even XLN went that more modern route ....

I tried InMusic version, but then  switched back to the last FXpansion version,  which works pretty well…albeit with some of its characteristic wonkiness. I would only recommend the InMusic version to those willing to take a flyer that they might eventually get it right. The only reason we are even still talking about BFD3 is that it truly sounds great.

• Like 2

I went way into the inMusic brand with almost all of the AIR and SONiVOX products about 5 years ago. It was wallet friendly, sounded decent, and mostly worked well.

But I've seen zero updates to the original versions for Windows since. Currently it appears that inMusic is focusing mostly on Akai and the DJ hardware and software market. Sadly, even Akai has quietly dropped development of their VIP product for soft synths and keyboard controllers.  All I can say is that it must be a tough market out there, and if a company is acquired by inMusic that's not necessarily a sign of good fortune ahead!

Edited by abacab

28 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Magix hasn't done much with Acid except change the paint and overprice it.

I beg to differ. Magix has made remarkable effort to destabilize and bloat the software. They should just rename it Booze, to stick with the theme of recreational drugs but better communicate the experience you're to expect; difficulties walking straight, and a hangover. Not the "mind blown" that original Acid might have delivered back in the day.

• Haha 2