turn turn turn cover

The DuoBros

great song....great work you guys did....the mix isn't really bad at all, archetypal sixties style....bass level sounds good to my ears....sounds like you have a sitar guitar happening in there....iirc, I think the wrecking crew ( los angeles' premier session musicians in the sixties) did the playing with only Jim (later Roger) Mc Guinn playing his 12 string electric Rickenbacker on the song 🎵 🎸🎹🔊

Edited by Larry T.
clarity
  • Like 1

What a treat to hear this! Great job on a really cool song. Guitar tones are spot on, and the vocals turned out surprisingly well!

Mixwise I could only add maybe less severe panning on the vocals, they are really out there on the edge and could do with a bit more blended focal point. Might be worth a check.

Super cool job here, thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Larry T. said:

great song....great work you guys did....the mix isn't really bad at all, archetypal sixties style....bass level sounds good to my ears....sounds like you have a sitar guitar happening in there....iirc, I think the wrecking crew ( los angeles' premier session musicians in the sixties) did the playing with only Jim (later Roger) Mc Guinn playing his 12 string electric Rickenbacker on the song 🎵 🎸🎹🔊

I dont have 12 string Rickenbacker so i use pitch shifter pedal to simulate sound.... Maybe guitar sound like a sitar because of that...

What a Great song to cover ! You guys did a Fantastic job capturing the essence of the song. Nice guitar treatment and spot on vocals. I agree with PhonoBrainer about the vocal panning and I thought the ending was too abrupt. That being said , I think you did a Great Job. I Really Liked it.       mark

Great job but ya, even though the hard panning was part of that era it was quickly scraped for good reasons.

Something about the bass notes in the intro?  

Ending cuts off too. 

But totally enjoyed this as I’m a huge fan of 12 string electric. Was it a Ricky?