Feature Request - Great additions to CbB

NForced

Months ago i give CbB a chance and im really surprised hoy powerful program is. So here it is a little list of features that speeds up a better workflow IMO (based on my experience with other daws)

* Automation curves (not like the "presets", something like other daws have *a point to edit how fast the curve is*)
* In piano roll, invert betweet the mouse left click - alt+left click note drawing
* Create a MIDI clip without accessing the piano roll, or at least hiding the piano roll grid outside the clip outlines
* MIDI controllers like automation (way better and faster than transform tool)
* Resample timestretch mode 
* Scrolling disable as default with a GUI button or option to enable it (to prevent hit scroll lock every time i open CbB)
* Link Clip background color to track color 

CbB is a great piece of software, adding something like this will be a great refresh to it  😃👍

• Great Idea 2

14 hours ago, NForced said:

Create a MIDI clip without accessing the piano roll

There's the inline piano roll view or are you referring to something else?

MIDI notes and audio waveform color is already linked to the Track color. I would like for there to be a quicker way to access a clip's color picker than having to open Explorer, but I haven't come up with any ideas.

In fact,

I just took a run to check and everything is available. I'm just a little confused about what you mean by invert between the mouse left click - alt+left click note drawing. Are you talking about reverse or transpose? DAWs have different names and languages for their features. So what you're requesting might be called something else here.

EXAMPLE: Bounce to clip in Cakewalk is called "commit to clip" in another DAW. Then there's a different DAW that calls its Freeze clip, "Lock track" which freezes and locks the clip at the same time.   

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

Small explanation about the requested features:
(Sorry if i need to quote X or Y daw, but is for a better understanding the way of how things should work)

First of all, NO,  there arent avaliable on Cakewalk ATM.
* Automation curves: The way actually work on CbB its like a curve presets (Slow curve, fast curve). I mean something like FL Studio automations work (with a control on the middle of a nodes to set up how fast or how slow the curve 
image.png.5c0bf5cc69a5df6aae2ea441587d0e07.png
* In Piano Roll, If you "alt+click" when you draw a note, you will be able to draw instantly a note with the last touched note lenght. Setting up this behavior to single right click may speed up piano roll workflow.
* Creating a "MIDI Clip", makes you able to keep the lenght of the clip fixed regardless of the position of the last note (when midi files used, sometimes the "clip" ends when the last note ends, its fixable but its annoying to do it every time.
* MIDI controllers like automation (check the automation curves) speed up workflow when you work with MIDI CC or Expressions (EG Cubase 11 , transform tool feels to slow and obsolete.
 image.thumb.png.15be763d1b918f7d287c10e682cdb936.png

* Actually there is not GUI button or option to "disable autoscrolling" as default in cakewalk by bandlab, you need to hit the Scroll Lock keyboart every time you turn on the PC to disable
* I dunno how, but i saw a streamer setting up CbB events to look like this, i think this is a better view than the black bg with the color waveform
5l78fvwehvq71.png?width=868&format=png&a

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NForced said:

* In Piano Roll, If you "alt+click" when you draw a note, you will be able to draw instantly a note with the last touched note lenght. Setting up this behavior to single right click may speed up piano roll workflow.

Double left click does this also with Smart tool. Right click notes opens menu.

Use Draw tool for one click repeat notes. Touch any note (cursor changes to glue bottle) to duplicate it's size on next note drawn.