Steinberg Download Assistand and eLicenser Software Updated

cclarry

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Larry tell me if you see any infos on the portico and their portability to new system ... holding a purchase on those cause of that  ;) 

Thks

hi Zo

can you explain what you mean ?  are you asking on how the 'new licensing' manager will allow you to move between computers ?

13 minutes ago, Zo said:

Licence transfert without ilencers

https://www.steinberg.net/licensing/faq/

At this point Dorico 4 is the only thing using the new licence thing - but Cubase 12 will use it as well

You can licence 3 computers at the same time and if you need to 'deactivate' a computer then the licence will become available to install on another machine.

If you are talking about selling licences (?) well steinberg haven't worked out a system for this but they have promised a solution - they are making it up as they go along.

If you have ANY other steinberg software then you are going to need to keep using the dongle for quite a while yet.

What are you "holding off" buying ? 

• Like 2

Please remind / reassure me again...

I've got a boxed unregistered crossgrade to Cubase Pro 10 (with a USB e-Licenser) .  If I register it once v12 is available, am I entitled to 12 Pro?

Or is there any reason I should be registering ahead of time?

10 minutes ago, pbognar said:

Please remind / reassure me again...

I've got a boxed unregistered crossgrade to Cubase Pro 10 (with a USB e-Licenser) .  If I register it once v12 is available, am I entitled to 12 Pro?

Or is there any reason I should be registering ahead of time?

Either way should work...if you register now, you should automatically get 12 when released,
or you can wait until it's released and register and get it right away - that is unless something 
has changed that I'm not aware of

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cclarry said:

Either way should work...if you register now, you should automatically get 12 when released,
or you can wait until it's released and register and get it right away.

Thanks, you know I should probably register.  I don't want to miss out on a crossgrade from Mixcraft to Cubase Pro 12 for $189.  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pbognar said:

Thanks, you know I should probably register.  I don't want to miss out on a crossgrade from Mixcraft to Cubase Pro 12 for $189.  🙂

According to their site any Cubase Pro registered between now and release of 12 Pro will get the upgrade FREE!

On 2/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, simon said:

https://www.steinberg.net/licensing/faq/

At this point Dorico 4 is the only thing using the new licence thing - but Cubase 12 will use it as well

You can licence 3 computers at the same time and if you need to 'deactivate' a computer then the licence will become available to install on another machine.

If you are talking about selling licences (?) well steinberg haven't worked out a system for this but they have promised a solution - they are making it up as they go along.

If you have ANY other steinberg software then you are going to need to keep using the dongle for quite a while yet.

What are you "holding off" buying ? 

Portico stuff

21 minutes ago, Zo said:

Portico stuff

I see no reason to wait if you are thinking about buying the Portico plugs

Note that these plugins came out in 2011 so they are over 10 years old - they have had some minor updates but when you consider the price I think there might be better options out there ?

Steinberg haven't been clear about what software they consider 'legacy' and what will be updated to use the dongle-less system. Portico still use the dongle and I suspect they will use the dongle for a while longer...but that's just a guess.