Who is LarryS and what has he done with cclarry?

Doug Rintoul

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Everyone's posts in the Cakewalk forums have already been indexed by the Google search engine, so they remain public forever. You cannot hide... :)

But it still doesn't know who Doug Rintoul really is though, right ?

Don't worry Doug, your secret is safe with me... ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, paulo said:

But it still doesn't know who Doug Rintoul really is though, right ?

Don't worry Doug, your secret is safe with me... ;)

According to Google, I could be a British theatre director and playwright. Or dead. TBH, I am not too concerned. I have been on  the Internet before it was ever a thing. The first time I Googled myself, I found messages I had written to Usenet back in 1983. So I am aware of what can be dug up on a person. I am not worried about what I have written over the years.It would be just as easy for people to make up stuff about me if they really wanted to give me a hard time.  But being free with with my identity and respecting other people's privacy are two different things. I will be more careful with other people's identity in the future. 

13 hours ago, sarine said:

Maybe not post his registered name (real or not) and leave a permanent public record of it, even if it leaks...

Your point is well taken. However, I will point out that cclarry's real name and association with cclarry is already out there via a soundbetter profile,  his Bandlab profile, Soundcloud, and Bandmix. 

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Thanks 1