FX Browser: After selecting a category for a plugin, stay where we are

petemus

I'm trying to sort my numerous Uncategorized plugins into correct categories in the Browser. It's very hard, because the Browser follows the moved plugins to the category they were moved to, and I have to find the spot I was on again to continue assigning them to categories.

Would it be possible to add a modifier key to the move operation (shift, ctrl) so that the browser stays where it is after moving the plugins? Or even change the operation so that we always stay where we are? We know the plugins went into the category we sent them to, so why go to that category and show the plugins there, selected?

This would very much help me sort out my overly excessive collection of plugins. 😁

-Pete

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

This is a pain in the neck for me, too. Also the fact that whatever folder you moved it to stays open, which makes for a cluttered browser after a couple of plug-in moves.

How about a special "New Plug-ins" folder where a plug-in could be found the first 5 times you opened Cakewalk after installing it?

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

The "New Plug-ins" could be nice as well. My problem, though, is getting the existing mass of plugs sorted out.

Another small annoyance is, when you use the filter function to find plugins, clearing the filter string messes up the position you were in. Why couldn't it stay where it was, but just clear the filter?

Edited by petemus
  • Like 1

There's an easier way. Though this depends on how well you know your plugins. 

EXAMPLE: Hold down Ctrl while clicking on all your dynamic plugins (such as your compressors) right click once you've chosen all of them and in the fly out window choose category and the designated folder. 

And if you have some bundle plugins that fell their you can create your own folder by double left click the category box and rename it, which will create its own folder. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo