FREE Additional Waves CR8 Sample Pack

cclarry

Not free, but many Rigid Audio instruments for Kontakt come with thousands of unencrypted sample loops in ".wav" format that can be accessed by Cosmos or any sample manager, and used in CR8.

I picked up Cinematrix with 1300 24-bit loops (3.2GB) at Audio Plugin Deals for $4.44 (base price) using some of my APD Rewards. Based on the Rigid Audio Synferno engine with all new kits and sounds. Full Kontakt required to run the instrument in Kontakt, but the samples are wide open.

https://audioplugin.deals/cinematrix-by-rigid-audio/

https://audioplugin.deals/developer/rigid-audio/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

Not free, but many Rigid Audio instruments for Kontakt come with thousands of unencrypted sample loops in ".wav" format that can be accessed by Cosmos or any sample manager, and used in CR8.

That's a good reason to include my global Kontakt libraries folder in Cosmos. Thanks for the tip! 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jesse g said:

If the payment is 4 dollars, close out and go back again and add Zero for the amount and it will be free.

It showed up by default as a grayed out "0" for me, but I had to actually enter "0" for it to accept that value.

37 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

Very confused how you do this....no matter what i do it is in my cart for $4.44. Where and how do you change this to zero? When you say close out do you mean remove from my cart and try again?

I clicked the link in the OP.  Typed "0" in the "Enter your price:" box then clicked on the "Add to Cart" button.  A popup box opened asking about adding another product - choose "no thanks" or just click the X at the top right of the box.  This takes you to the cart where you put your info in - it should show $0 due as below.

Works every time here (Microsoft Edge).

Capture.JPG.d40ffa94d24202504e406eaf956a9334.JPG

Edited by Fwrend

Don't forget to add your Kontakt folder to scan into Cosmos. You might be surprised what it finds!

The encrypted factory samples won't show up, but I found a number of 3rd party Kontakt libraries have wave files that do show up, such as some freebies from 8DIO. Even .ogg previews for NKS instruments (for example Analog Dreams) appear in Cosmos.

Note: the .ogg samples will drag and drop into Cakewalk audio tracks, as well as the CR8 sampler and the sample oscillator in Vital. But other synths that accept drag and drop samples such as Phase Plant and Pigments will not accept .ogg as oscillator samples.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Don't forget to add your Kontakt folder to scan into Cosmos. You might be surprised what it finds!

I did the same thing, but man is it slow.   It's been indexing it for almost 48 hours now - and its on an SSD.   Wish there were some type of better indication on what exactly it is doing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, husker said:

I did the same thing, but man is it slow.   It's been indexing it for almost 48 hours now - and its on an SSD.   Wish there were some type of better indication on what exactly it is doing.

Wowza! How big is your Kontakt folder?

Cosmos indexed my folder on SSD in about an hour, and I actually did my entire Native Instruments folder, picked up 7,342 samples in there.

You may want to kill the process and restart that scan. I had one scan go to sleep on me, and it showed active, but with very little active CPU and no disk use detected in Windows performance monitor. And don't let your PC idle to sleep during the scan.