OTS Famous E Electric Piano

cclarry

As I try to disclose,  I've  consulted to Orange Tree Samples and am friends with Greg, but I've consulted to a lot of developers mentioned here and I never weigh in with my opinions on most of those developers' libraries. But Orange Tree Samples libraries are different. The sample quality and the scripting are incredible. I use OTS libraries in probably 90% or more of my productions and this electric piano library is incredible and just playing it is emotional -- and I, unfortunately, am not a very talented keyboardist. I own probably two dozen electric piano libraries. I grew up the son of a music teacher and we had a Wurlitzer electric piano (which I adore) and a Leslie speaker-- "I am the Walrus" anyone??? But this Rhodes library is the definitive Rhodes electric piano library,  IMO. The presets are fantastic and the one this guy who made that video shared is just gorgeous. For anyone into electric pianos, I suggest giving this a listen. And you can write me off for my relationship with OTS and Greg -- heck you'll find my real name in their manuals (I didn't even know until a friend told me,  I just watch Greg's videos) -- it's  totally understandable,  but just give this a listen. I don't even have a close second Rhodes library. This ruined me to those other libraries. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kevin H said:

Sounds amazing.  Sorry silly question. Is there a sale on famous e?   Seems like $179 is regular 

It's not on sale at the moment.  Larry's original post shared a video of a very talented keyboardist made playing the library and the musician who made the video shared a really nice preset he made. 

If anyone knows of any other great presets people have made for the Famous E -- or if you've made some yourself you'd like to share, I think it would be great to share them in this thread, at least I'd really appreciate that! While this library has A LOT of great presets, as the musician who made the YouTube video in Larry's original post made very clear, it's still possible to create something different -- and in this case, something that sounds great. For me, it's a pretty big deal, because I really don't have the skill set to make great presets and rely on presets others make. Heck, I remember the days where people would share Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer presets -- which I haven't seen happening in many years -- and getting those presets, for me, was sometimes be like getting a whole new library for free. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

11 hours ago, kevin H said:

Sounds amazing.  Sorry silly question. Is there a sale on famous e?   Seems like $179 is regular price.

I got the Famous E for $56 with the -60% group buy 2021 discount, plus a few Orange Slices to sweeten the deal by another -22%. Dealio! :)

That high regular price is probably due to the fact that it's Kontakt Player compatible, so OT has to pay NI for the privilege of including it as an "official" Kontakt library. Full Kontakt not required!

So this was a very good deal! Stay tuned for the next group buy!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2