Natural High

jack c.

10 minutes ago, garybrun said:

jack I have got to say your have really improved on your productions.
When you first started posting a while ago everything was too hot and distorted.
well done.

thanks mate:me ears weren't trained to such stuff.tom deering and mark skinner gave me endless help.me forever thanks go out to both.jack c.

• Like 2

Wow, this is very creative and original. It's really interesting and off the beaten path -- and I mean that in the most positive sense. Your musical imagination is really impressive, for example when you did the keyboard solo section, I started thinking about Zappa from the Tinsel Town Rebellion album. Your vocals and musical voicings really capture my attention.  I really enjoyed this. It is a musical treat. 

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Your vocals and musical voicings really capture my attention.  I really enjoyed this. It is a musical treat. 

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

i like this - and I agree with Pavlov - reminiscent of some Zappa!!

thanks mates.used to play a number of franks stuff years ago.jack c.

• Like 1

This sounds overall real good to me. 
Only criticism ,if you don’t mind, is both the beginning and end. 
The beginning sounds like something got chopped off before the first note. The end the bass is leaking after the last note. 
And the riff is not interesting enough to have it repeat that many times. Either shorten it or add some ear candy. 

3 hours ago, jack c. said:

i think soundcloud does this.thanks.jack c.

No they don't chop beginnings, but Cakewalks export can. I just ran into this yesterday so I had to re export and give it a bit more space, The real start of the song was at 3:00 so I set for  2:04 but I had to use 2:01 or it chopped it off, just like yours did. This is why I always use a Wave editor to top and tail, but I was just posting to Sound Cloud so I could proof my mixes on my phone etc.  The Bass ending part you can fix by slip editing the end of the bass track. 

15 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

the echo suits your voice well.    I liked the primary motif. very addictive.  could have ended at 3'55" or so though.

13 hours ago, Old Joad said:

Great Job, lots of very cool bits

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

I Loved this one Jack. The change at 1:45 was brilliant! A Lot of Great sounds in this.  Highly impressed with the mix as well.   Nice ending . 

1 hour ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Great mix! Everything sounds pretty great and your vocals are a really good fit for this piece.  +1 on the Zappa reference. Great instrumental bridge, very cool moves there, and the ending was very cool.

i hope i don't get big headed with all these outstanding complaints.thanks sooooooooooo.jack c.