90% OFF: Sektor by Initial Audio

Audio Plugin Deals

I wouldn't buy it a the "full" price, but at the offer price it seems like a nice thing to have. Sounds wise I've only scanned the presets do far and I'm not hearing a lot that I couldn't do with what I already own, but the UI is nice which I know shouldn't matter, but it does. 

Yet another wavetable synth. The specs look a bit underwhelming but the price is attractive. I expect that they do not expect anyone to actually play the freestanding version, but just to use it to create patches--so response time/latency  is irrelevant. If I had enough time to learn every synth I can afford, I would be interested. As it is I doubt I would ever get around to it.

8 hours ago, Sergio said:

As Mr. Data I was tempted to buy this one for 0.68 seconds (well... maybe a little more ) but I bravely resisted 🙂. I'll consider this as the same as a $15 discount on my next purchase.

Considering that the purchase of this synth gives the same amount in APD reward (15$), you can achieve the same result by buying it!

10 hours ago, Ryan99 said:

Considering that the purchase of this synth gives the same amount in APD reward (15$), you can achieve the same result by buying it!

There are indeed some items in the APD shop that I'm interested but not right now. Also, I  saw all the entire APD video presentation for this synth and didn't find it interesting enough. My thinking is: it's just $15 but if I skip some of this (IMO) less interesting plugins I can add enough to get a more expensive and (again IMO) more interesting or usefull one for just a bit more. YMMV.

Edited by Sergio

Bought it not because I really needed it but figured it was cheap enough to not worry about if I didn't use it much. Really wish I hadn't now - crashes both Cakewalk and Platinum every time without fail after unfreezing a frozen track and then attempting to alter anything. Not Good.😒

12 hours ago, TheSteven said:

My resolve not to participate crumbled in the last minutes of the sale.

So...

Where the heck did the installer put Sektor's resources?
I saw Wav and other files being installed but can't seem to find them.

In my case c:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IgniteVST\Sektor\Expansions

• Thanks 1