2022.02 Feedback

Morten Saether

3 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I always use "save as"  This allows me to have multiple backups

All this would make sense if ALL projects refused to save via CTRL-S, but the fact of the matter is that this happens extremely rarely, in the vast majority of cases, it works perfectly. I already wrote in the first post that I used both hotkeys and the file save menu, and none of the methods work. Saving in the "save as" mode does not make sense for me, because I have autosave activated, which saves copies every 5 minutes, and this mode works completely normally.

Let's leave this discussion, I clearly see that such an anomaly occurs only with me, and the whole discussion boils down to the questions "have I tried" all the standard saving methods, of which there are only 2, and which I have already developed at the reflex level      😁

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 10:07 PM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Thanks, when you send along the log we'll do some investigating. 

hi, I wondered if there was any useful info in the logs previous - I have attached new logs. This has been mostly taking a couple of minutes since my original post in Feb,

However, today loading is extremely slow again - 1hour and 40mins. If I omit some of the directories it can be quicker, but of course I do not

want to omit my precious plugins. PC resource manager is showing loads of free memory, and low CPU usage during the scan.

I also ran CCleaner Pro to cleanup my registry and that has not helped, and I also turned off Norton AV while loading. 

Are you aware of any upcoming fixes that might help this? Or any other suggestions? thanks in advance.

VstScan-02Jun.log

Thought I've seen this being reported somewhere on the forum already but is there a fix for this in the pipeline?

What you can see on the video is me moving midi notes form one track lane to another followed by crash-to-notepad® :D 

Haven't had a crash from just midi editing in years!

crash2notepad.gif.72d8386dd61ff4aadf8aa10a289effe3.gif

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

Thought I've seen this being reported somewhere on the forum already but is there a fix for this in the pipeline?

What you can see on the video is me moving midi notes form one track lane to another followed by crash-to-notepad® :D 

Haven't had a crash from just midi editing in years!

@chris.r - is this still happening for you in the 2022.06 EA release?  If it is,  PM me a copy of your project ASAP.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@chris.r - is this still happening for you in the 2022.06 EA release?  If it is,  PM me a copy of your project ASAP.

I didn't check the EA release, I have only read the release notes :) will check it later then and report back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 12:09 AM, msmcleod said:

Check your template folder within preferences, and then navigate there within Windows Explorer to check the template files are there:

image.png.d399f2468a10ad441d9b43ded9b00843.png

If you've changed the template locations, you can copy the templates from the default location (shown above) to your new location.

If this still doesn't fix the problem, delete the following file before opening Cakewalk:

%APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Offline.html

I missed your response a while ago - sorry.  But I checked and those Project and Track Template folders are empty now - but I obviously hadn't deleted them - I think a Cakewalk update deleted them.  How do I get them back?