2022.02 Feedback

Morten Saether

43 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

You can send me a PM with a dump

Somehing strange. In the Core/minidumps folder, none of my recent crashes are there? Most recent is from 2021 and I know I sent some 2022 to Noel recently....

What might cause these files to disappear???

Edited by Keni

On 3/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, Roo Stercogburn said:

Feb 2022 update not playing nice with VST3 version of Predator 3. It was working prior to update. Project loads and then crashes Cakewalk completely. I've tested this on several projects and a template with Predator 3 in it.

Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: Cakewalk.exe, version: 28.2.0.29
Faulting module name: Predator3.dll, version: 1.0.1.6
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Faulting application path: D:\MusicApps\Cakewalk(BandLab)\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTplugins\Rob Papen\Predator3\Predator3.dll

If I rename the Steinberg folder so that the VST is not acessible Cakewalk then loads properly but it then is obviously unavailable to use. I updated Predator 3 itself but that made no difference.

Not checked if other users and other synths are having this problem so I don't know if its peculiar to RP's Predator 3, or its a general VST3 issue.

This is already fixed internally. We'll have an update for this release with this fix soon. 

• Great Idea 1

I am searching the appdata/roaming/cakewalk/cakewalk core/minidumps but none of the files are dated 2022???

Ahhh.... I forgot it's in the plugins subfolder.... on the way now.

Edited by Keni

I've been able to resolve my installation issue.
I can see the demo panel on the "get started" pane.
i came back to your assistance guide on how to trouble shoot the "two demo projects" add-ons via the web installer.
in the future; I'll be one of the cakewalk super talented users.
the attached image has the proof.
Cakewalk_0ZgxYM8K36.thumb.png.cb8379415cd5e43315164749a32d6950.png
best regards.

I'm using 2022.02 build 29, I'm getting an audio dropout every time at 4:17. It doesn't matte if I'm playing back or recording. I'm not sure how long this bug has been present since it's rare that I play a song for over 4 min without stopping. This only happens when you hit play at 0 sec and go to 4:17.

I remember this was a bug many years ago, in fact I have my own documentation describing this bug on 9/28/19. The culprit is the same as it was back then. It's the Aux track. I have an Aux track set up as part of my normal template. IN this particular song, I deleted my Aux tracks in the Track pane, but I left the Bus output to the Aux Track in the Bus Pane.

I also left 2 audio tracks in my project that had outputs going to this Bus. In the past when this happened the workaround was to archive these 2 vocal tracks. I just tried that and it worked - no dropout. I read my notes and the other fix is to turn the input echo "on" for the Aux Track in the track pane.

In the past fixing this bug also fixed a strange but insignificant problem of seeing this Audio dropout message popup after leaving a song in playback and leaving the room and coming back to see this error message. Hopefully Noel will remember this bug because he did fix it and it had something to do with a buffer becoming full. Let me know if anyone needs more info 

On 3/5/2022 at 8:08 PM, SomethingElse Osey said:

I've been able to resolve my installation issue.
I can see the demo panel on the "get started" pane.
i came back to your assistance guide on how to trouble shoot the "two demo projects" add-ons via the web installer.
in the future; I'll be one of the cakewalk super talented users.
the attached image has the proof.
Cakewalk_0ZgxYM8K36.thumb.png.cb8379415cd5e43315164749a32d6950.png
best regards.

@SomethingElse Osey What specifically is the problem?

3 hours ago, sjoens said:

Just to mention that naming each consecutive update the same (Update 1) is confusing as I think I already have it. Maybe Update 1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.?

Releases are named "Update 1" when they're an addendum to the existing update. The release from yesterday addresses a handful of issues reported in relation to the initial 2022.02 Update as opposed to a larger update numbered with a different month.