2022.02 Feedback

Morten Saether

6 minutes ago, Under A Mile said:

hi, before I saw your last message I rolled back to 2021.12. I scanned with the settings as per screenshot (no project loaded)- sandbox off - it took longer than I remember in the normal case, but it completed in 5mins (~10x faster than what I was seeing) I have loaded my project up and it's doing the same.

Let me know I can replace 2022.02 - but I think I didn't usually have sandbox ticked (if it's not a default) IIRC I ticked it just out of curiosity.

The scan process runs independently from your project being loaded, so that shouldn't make any difference. If you could try the update again and see if it remains slower, we'll take a look into it. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Eclipse _Music said:

Hi

Thanks for responding.

So 1 st thing I use android version on my mobile device and 2 nd I updated the app 3 days ago and I didn't open the app after the update on the 1 st day I opened on next day.

From the 2nd day it started crashing and I couldn't progress any of my projects.

Pls Assist.

I believe you've found yourself in the wrong place. This forum is dedicated to the Cakewalk by BandLab app for PC. If you're experiencing problems with the BandLab app for web/mobile, https://help.bandlab.com/ is where you need to go. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Activate Cakewalk.

Connect to the internet. Click the help tab> sign in> activate Cakewalk. 

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with activation. I actived before I tried to reinstall, but not work. 

Last night I just left it there. One night later, the project was loaded successfully and work well.

The newly created project can be loaded quickly. But history projects takes a long time (one night) to load, even a very small project(only 30s music and only a Alicias Keys in kontakt 6)

I found the CPU has been busy (20% by cakewalk) during loading. It continues until the end of loading.

The strange thing  has never happened before.

I reinstalled all historical versions of cakewalk, Even the previous Sonar Platinum(23.10.0.14), but were not working for history projects like this. 

Edited by zhangkekf

6 hours ago, zhangkekf said:

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with activation. I actived before I tried to reinstall, but not work. 

Last night I just left it there. One night later, the project was loaded successfully and work well.

The newly created project can be loaded quickly. But history projects takes a long time (one night) to load, even a very small project(only 30s music and only a Alicias Keys in kontakt 6)

I found the CPU has been busy (20% by cakewalk) during loading. It continues until the end of loading.

The strange thing  has never happened before.

I reinstalled all historical versions of cakewalk, Even the previous Sonar Platinum(23.10.0.14), but were not working for history projects like this. 

Okay, but Activate Cakewalk again. Remove it from your Antivirus (including windows defender) or disable it for this test and try opening a project again. 

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with "Freeze" on audio tracks.

None of my UAD plugins are Freezing correctly after updating to 2022.02. I have many UAD plugins on audio tracks that are Frozen, but the 'UAD Meter & Control Panel' is showing the DSP & PGM load is maxing out (on some projects the load is totally maxxed and I get the "One or more UAD plug-ins have been disabled" notification). The screenshot below is a test project I made with six tracks of drum loops and only UAD plugins in the FX racks. I froze the tracks and saved the project. You can see the difference in the DSP usage in each CBL release version.

Updated to 2022.02...

Post.png.bcf2a096d84a5dcf409bbe183fc09b82.png

Rolled back to 2021.12...

Pre.png.cb7bed076de7ee9850a0e7eca1b8565b.png

I've rolled back to 2021.12 and my UAD plugins Freeze without any trouble.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! ~Reggie

8 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with "Freeze" on audio tracks.

None of my UAD plugins are Freezing correctly after updating to 2022.02. I have many UAD plugins on audio tracks that are Frozen, but the 'UAD Meter & Control Panel' is showing the DSP & PGM load is maxing out (on some projects the load is totally maxxed and I get the "One or more UAD plug-ins have been disabled" notification). The screenshot below is a test project I made with six tracks of drum loops and only UAD plugins in the FX racks. I froze the tracks and saved the project. You can see the difference in the DSP usage in each CBL release version.

Updated to 2022.02...

Post.png.bcf2a096d84a5dcf409bbe183fc09b82.png

Rolled back to 2021.12...

Pre.png.cb7bed076de7ee9850a0e7eca1b8565b.png

I've rolled back to 2021.12 and my UAD plugins Freeze without any trouble.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! ~Reggie

We received a report about this last week - we've identified the cause, and will be releasing a hotfix in the next few days.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Okay, but Activate Cakewalk again. Remove it from your Antivirus (including windows defender) or disable it for this test and try opening a project again. 

I found this post last night, and it solved my trouble:

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always hang at the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder?

5 hours ago, zhangkekf said:

I found this post last night, and it solved my trouble:

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always hang at the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder?

Yeah. I never bothered putting zip files in any softwares directory path. Doesn't make sense doing it. 

I'm glad solved your problem. 

Feb 2022 update not playing nice with VST3 version of Predator 3. It was working prior to update. Project loads and then crashes Cakewalk completely. I've tested this on several projects and a template with Predator 3 in it.

Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: Cakewalk.exe, version: 28.2.0.29
Faulting module name: Predator3.dll, version: 1.0.1.6
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Faulting application path: D:\MusicApps\Cakewalk(BandLab)\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTplugins\Rob Papen\Predator3\Predator3.dll

If I rename the Steinberg folder so that the VST is not acessible Cakewalk then loads properly but it then is obviously unavailable to use. I updated Predator 3 itself but that made no difference.

Not checked if other users and other synths are having this problem so I don't know if its peculiar to RP's Predator 3, or its a general VST3 issue.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:11 AM, IgoRr said:

A friend of mine just wrote to me, he was trying to copy some MIDI tracks (clips) from one project to another (empty), when doing a Paste Special in a new project, and when specifying the destination "new track", the Cakewalk instantly crashes. I checked the same thing on my computer - everything is happening. If I perform the same Paste Special operation on existing tracks, everything works fine. He has Windows 10 installed, I have Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have a mini dump file about this crash, I can send it if necessary.

Please check if this is happening to anyone else.

I'm having a similar problem, specifically (copy/paste special, although it doesn't matter whether it's a new or existing track) and frequent c0000005 errors in general just entering notes in PRV. They have always been frequent and are more frequent (like multiple within a couple of hours) with this latest release. They are usually the error shown in the image below and can occur in either Cakewalk.exe or the kernel.

My specs briefly:

• Win 10 Pro x64 
  • i7 7820X octal @3.90Ghz
  • 64GB memory
  • Babyface Pro (ASIO/2048K buffer)

CbB c0000005.png

• Like 1

I’m still having trouble. As mentioned during EA. Something changed and went unnoticed?

I'm fairly certain it's related to Melodyne in some way too as I’ve been doing extensive multitrack vocal work. Cake has crashed a number of times. The audio engine is repeatedly getting dropouts where none existed before. The audio engine lags at same settings which work fine in the previous releases through 2021.12.

I can send a crash dump if you wish. Just say where.

Thanks