2022.02 Feedback

Morten Saether

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the 2022.02 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

2022.02 Release Notes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

From the "something strange happens with nearly every update"... a cue that I was working on that was perfect on Tuesday, opened after the update to 2022.02 had ALL of the VSTi instruments (that weren't frozen) come in detuned by 25 cents. (Having perfect pitch is sometimes a PITA).

Close the project and the application and reboot... everything came back pitched correctly.

That was a weird one.

The bakers did another bang-up job on the export, Dim solo, and folder issues! Kudos!

HI:)

Everything's fine here with this release exept Controller Drawing in PRV and Transform Tool.

Now I have a new bug. On drawing curves they can't be seen in the PRV but in the TV. On editing seen curves in the PRV they disappear in the TV.

Drives me crazy cause sometimes it works sometimes not and I can't reproduce any working or not working. When it works and I start Cakewalk again with the same project it doesn't work anymore and vice versa.

Release related everything  works fine:)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

41 minutes ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Now I have a new bug. On drawing curves they can't be seen in the PRV but in the TV. On editing seen curves in the PRV they disappear in the TV.

I'm seeing a few unexpected behaviors that might be contributing to the problem:

- When you first change the Edit Filter in a track form Clips to Notes (a.k.a. inline PRV), there is no flyout menu to allow selecting to show controllers.

- After changing the Edit Filter to Notes, you can open it again and get the option to select a controller for editing.

- The MIDI tab in the track view has an option to Show Controllers, but it isn't available until you've selected a controller in the Edit Filter,

- Only controllers that have been selected in the Edit Filter are available to check/uncheck under Show Controllers; you have to change the Edit Filter to each controller type one at a time to make it available in the Show Controllers list.

- Once you switch the Edit Filter back to Clips, you're back to square-one with showing controllers. 

I don't do a lot of controller drawing/editing (mostly recorded in real time) or use the Inline PRV so I'm not sure when any of this might ever have been working as expected, but it seems like it needs some attention.

I would expect the Show Controllers menu to be available any time, regardless of whether the Edit Filter is set to Clips or Notes, and to be able to select to show any or all controllers without ever having to select them in the Edit Filter.

• Thanks 1

I continue to get disappearing clips in Lanes when muted. Very frustrating. I mentioned this during EA...

I know there's the option to hide muted clips from the parent track, but I keep running into clips disappearing from displayed Lanes when muted.  That's not good!

1 hour ago, Keni said:

I continue to get disappearing clips in Lanes when muted. Very frustrating. I mentioned this during EA...

I know there's the option to hide muted clips from the parent track, but I keep running into clips disappearing from displayed Lanes when muted.  That's not good!

I think I've found a possible culprit? I think it’s only happening to Melodyne clips.

I don't know if this has been reported, but it looks like the CWAF problem is back (screenshot).  So I changed the line in 

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\CWAF\CWAFtool.ini to:

SupportedProjectVersion=28.02.0.xxx

CWAF Problem.png

Edited by craigr68

A friend of mine just wrote to me, he was trying to copy some MIDI tracks (clips) from one project to another (empty), when doing a Paste Special in a new project, and when specifying the destination "new track", the Cakewalk instantly crashes. I checked the same thing on my computer - everything is happening. If I perform the same Paste Special operation on existing tracks, everything works fine. He has Windows 10 installed, I have Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have a mini dump file about this crash, I can send it if necessary.

Please check if this is happening to anyone else.

Edited by IgoRr

21 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

A friend of mine just wrote to me, he was trying to copy some MIDI tracks (clips) from one project to another (empty), when doing a Paste Special in a new project, and when specifying the destination "new track", the Cakewalk instantly crashes. I checked the same thing on my computer - everything is happening. If I perform the same Paste Special operation on existing tracks, everything works fine. He has Windows 10 installed, I have Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have a mini dump file about this crash, I can send it if necessary.

Is he definitely running the latest 2022.02 release?  There was a known issue in 2012.12 that was causing crashes when pasting.

If you have a minidump, please sent it to me.

14 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

Checked both new project and existing project. In the PRV and TV. Section and whole clip. Paste as new clip or existing clips including paste to one clip. 

Works fine here. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Is he definitely running the latest 2022.02 release?  There was a known issue in 2012.12 that was causing crashes when pasting.

Yes, both he and I have the latest release 02.2022, the full installer 28.02.0.029 was installed. I just checked again, but I copied only 1 MIDI track, and the operation went successful. Maybe the question is that it's not possible to paste multiple copied tracks into 1 because there is only a field for 1 "new track" in the paste options?

I send you a mini dump file here:

Untitled_02212022_135753.dmp

Edited by IgoRr

5 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

Yes, both he and I have the latest release 02.2022, the full installer 28.02.0.029 was installed. I just checked again, but I copied only 1 MIDI track, and the operation went successful. Maybe the question is that it's not possible to paste multiple copied tracks into 1 because there is only a field for 1 track in the paste options?

I send you a mini dump file here:

Untitled_02212022_135753.dmp 2.55 MB · 0 downloads

Can you also post screen-shots of your Copy Special & Paste Special dialogs ( with the advanced options shown)?  I need to know what all the other options were.

[Edit] - the "New Track" field just sets the starting track of the paste, so it shouldn't matter that there are multiple tracks.  

@msmcleod This is just a random rudimentary question on experience I had at the beginning of last year, if not in 2020. I'm aware CbB running on the same code as that of SPLAT. Even though it can run side by side on one system - when you install SPLAT last, it corrupts files such as Pro channel modules and certain Sonitus effects in CbB. The question then is: Can SPLAT be the cause of certain crashes and DAW stability in confusing CbB on which files to read? The question arises from the knowledge of most DAW's or Software that asks the user/member to completely remove the previous version when installing the new update | OR | with most updates it uninstall the previous version to install the new update for their notion of "best user experience" without causing a debate.

Edited by Will_Kaydo

17 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

@msmcleod This is just a random rudimentary question on experience I had at the beginning of last year, if not in 2020. I'm aware CbB running on the same code as that of SPLAT. Even though it can run side by side on one system - when you install SPLAT last, it corrupts files such as Pro channel modules and certain Sonitus effects in CbB. The question then is: Can SPLAT be the cause of certain crashes and DAW stability in confusing CbB on which files to read? The question arises from the knowledge of most DAW's or Software that asks the user/member to completely remove the previous version when installing the new update | OR | with most updates it uninstall the previous version to install the new update for their notion of "best user experience" without causing a debate.

As far as I know, the Pro Channel modules and Sonitus effects haven't changed since SPLAT, unless I guess you're installing a really early version of SPLAT.  They're all in a central location in any case, and given the fact that most people are happily running SPLAT alongside CbB, something else must be at play here.

I appreciate it's not very helpful, but to avoid any possible issues, just make sure you install CbB after you install SPLAT.

If you do install SPLAT after CbB, you can force a full install of CbB by rolling back more than one version  - e.g.  if you're on 2022.02, roll back to 2021.12 and then roll back again to 2021.11.  When you next update, it'll download the full installer.

You can find the rollback installers in the EA threads for each version, i.e. the 2021.12 rollback installer is in the 2022.02 EA thread; the 2021.11 rollback installer is in the 2021.12 EA thread etc.

5 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

As far as I know, the Pro Channel modules and Sonitus effects haven't changed since SPLAT, unless I guess you're installing a really early version of SPLAT.  They're all in a central location in any case, and given the fact that most people are happily running SPLAT alongside CbB, something else must be at play here.

I appreciate it's not very helpful, but to avoid any possible issues, just make sure you install CbB after you install SPLAT.

If you do install SPLAT after CbB, you can force a full install of CbB by rolling back more than one version  - e.g.  if you're on 2022.02, roll back to 2021.12 and then roll back again to 2021.11.  When you next update, it'll download the full installer.

You can find the rollback installers in the EA threads for each version, i.e. the 2021.12 rollback installer is in the 2022.02 EA thread; the 2021.11 rollback installer is in the 2021.12 EA thread etc.

Cool, Thanks.

No, I don't plan to install SPLAT. I don't see why I would need it again. It was just a random thought and question I had while updating my wife's video software. It made sense asking this at the time, seeing that the software had asked to remove the previous version before installing its latest update.