Audiosnap set project from clip weird behaviour

Christophe Perus

Hi,

I try to match the tempo of a song with audiosnap. After some fiddling, I found the way to do this by aligning the transients to the beat markers (dark triangles that turn red) and regularly hit 'Set project from clip' so that the whole project follows the beat.

Everything worked fine up until bar 24 where the button turned gray. Clicking another track and switching back to the one with audiosnap, the button is clickable again. But, the button does nothing and turns gray again.

Saving and reloading didn't change much (I had to set the beat markers again to the active transients, this one seems to be an old bug).

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Christophe Perus said:

Everything worked fine up until bar 24 where the button turned gray.

Are you saying you have a new clip starting at bar 24? If so, make sure Audiosnap enabled on it. Check the Audiosnap and Groove Clip sections of Clip Properties in the Inspector. If the clip is a Groove Clip, it will have to be bounced-to-clip before Audiosnap can be enabled; the two features are mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, Christophe Perus said:

Saving and reloading didn't change much (I had to set the beat markers again to the active transients, this one seems to be an old bug).

Yes, it is a long-standing bug that the state of Clip Tempo Mapping is not saved. Reported many times - not sure why it doesn't get attention.

P.S. I prefer using Set Measure/Beat at Now for this and many other reasons - more precise, more flexible, more predictable, and is typically just as fast or faster then editing Clip Tempo Maps once you get the hang of it, making good use of keyboard shortcuts. 

Edited by David Baay