Bounce to tracks slowly

Jordi

Hi.

when i do a multiple tracks bounce, slecting individual tracks to create each new track for each track selected, for example 10 tracks: 1 violins, 2 violins, violas, cellos,etc.

The process is very slow. some like 18 tracks, it taks around 20 minuts. This is a bug? or there is a way to increase the speedy of bounce process?

Obviously these are midi tracks right?  You can simply copy midi tracks by inserting a instrument track and drag the midi data there holding CTRL. 

If you want an audio track created just freeze the synth and do the same move to a new audio track. 

But that said something else is wrong because bouncing tracks using the export dialogue should  take under a minute for 18 tracks. Unless they have certain effects on them that require a lot of processing then it might take a little bit longer but nothing in Cakewalk takes 20 minutes to process 

Yes i know i can do a freeze, but is not only bouncing tracks, it work slowly if you want to export tracks like stem to sent o use loading on protools or any pro studio.

Also i want to do a bounce of tracks for other reason and freeze tracks is not my best option.

A friend try the same exporting individual tracks, he had the same problem.

Well, today i do some test bouncing tracks, this is the result:

3 tracks without effects, 5 minutes long: 54 seconds each track to bounce in 3 new tracks. Too much slow

3 tracks with some effects like 2 bus reverb 2 effects in master and 2 effects each track the same project. 5 minutes long: 2 minutes 36 seconds each track to bounce in 3 new tracks.

it is frustrating.

I put here a image with the windows of bounce options when i do it.

the option to render in real time is unchecked, it is supposed to do it with the fast option.

Bounce to tracks options.jpg

This is what it looks like when I want to export tracks as stereo stems that have been processed by effects and master bus.  I choose “Tracks” if I just want to grab the raw audio. 

Your screen shot doesn't have half the dialogue boxes open so hard to tell what settings you are using. 

The important part is to always check the project length as this can cause a slow export if Cakewalk thinks the song is 2 hours long. 

This took about 30 seconds to export.

I often export un processed stems as I'm in the process of converting old 44.1 projects into 48. 1722132337_Screenshot(324)_LI.thumb.jpg.a453e43fea44f4551d51b8a05eda84eb.jpg 

Edited by John Vere

Hi, thanks to reply, my screen shot show the lenght: 114 measures around 5 minutes.

This Screen is not an export, is a bounce to tracks, then some settings are diferents then export tracks.

Maybe you can try doing a bounce to tracks,not an export.

Jeremy the reason because i do a bounce individual tracks to individual tracks is: I need to get the project and open it in other computer with cakewalk but this computer don't work with the same plugins and virtual synth, then i have to bounce the tracks to apply effects and buses with effects. The other pearson want to listen the project with control over the inividual tracks but similar to the final mix.

Anyway is very useful to export individual tracks in stems to send to another studio to mix or mastering. When i do an export i have the same problem. The time for each tracks is very long.

Hi John Vere.

I did the same porcess like you to export 3 tracks. The same result. 3 minutes 3 tracks. i place another capture screen. the settings are exaclty like you. the project is 5 minutes long and 114 bars. Only changes the size of audio files: 305 mb.

each track 2 effects and 2 effects in the master bus.

The computer is a Intel I7 3.6 ghz 32gb ram.

Export in Cakewalk.jpg

19 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I must be a little slow (like your bounce) but why would you bounce individual tracks to individual tracks ? What is the advantage over simply getting a great sound, using albeit some effects, then bouncing to a stereo mix track ?

Just curious.

J

There’s lots of reasons to export tracks. 
Im doing a lot of this these day to convert from 44.1 to 48. 
The other use I have for this is to use Audio snap you need fresh tracks that are continuous from start to end. This video shows how I use the export dialogue to convert tracks.