Inactive Freeze Button

billp

Question

I have a couple of synths whose freeze buttons are inactive. They are just typical VSTs, nothing special. Other synths in the project have normal freeze buttons and the freeze function appears to work. Is there a setting or some particular set of attributes that prevent a synth from being frozen?

image.png.e1a0c56fb4877d17d56972bc6f0d0fd2.pngimage.png.c689f28cc2ca3a82a7a64ed7e0242b84.png

5 answers to this question

Th

On 2/21/2022 at 12:43 AM, GreenLight said:

If you right click, can you select Freeze from there instead?

Thanks for answering GL. All of the options on the popup menu, except the options, are disabled. There are two other libraries in the synth rack that are in same condition. I haven't found a common attribute that might account for this behavior though. All three unfreezables are Spitfire bespoke libraries, but I have other SF bespoke libraries in the project, one of which is frozen and one which has an enabled freeze button...so that's probably not the root cause.

Hm, yeah that sounds pretty weird... I have never had that issue myself. And I do not own any of Spitfire's custom VST instruments.. unfortunately.

I think you should email support@cakewalk.com and tell them all the details and ask what they think. And also, if you have the time, email Spitfire as well and get them to talk to each other. Noel/Cakewalk is very forthcoming with these things.