monitor out to headphones

Craig Wojo

Hi everyone,

Happy Memorial Day. Remember all that served and gave their all. God bless all.

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and would like to monitor certain tracks only to my headset (left side) then my vocals on the right while recording.  The studio monitors would play all the tracks that the surface controller or Sonar has selected (for the other band members who are in the control room).

Is this something that the Sound Interface (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6) control.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

Use the 2nd headphone output, and route your monitor mix outputs accordingly to outputs 3 & 4 (i.e. tracks to output 3, vocals to output 4).

It's probably worth creating two buses within SONAR for this purpose (one panned left, and one panned right), but both set to output to outputs 3&4. You can create sends on the relevant tracks/busses to set the levels.

You may need to check within the MixControl app that the outputs 3&4 are routed to headphone 2. They are by default, but you may have changed them.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Craig Wojo said:

would like to monitor certain tracks only to my headset (left side) then my vocals on the right while recording

This might not be the best method. ^^

Have you tried singing to a stereo mix with some slight reverb/delay ?

Thank you msmcleod.

I have the 2nd Gen in which does not have the MixControl... it has the Focusrite Control.  I will watch the video and maybe it will enlighten my knowledge with somethings (many) I don't understand as of yet.

I will look at this one also from Mark Warren...

Thank you and God Bless,
Craig

Edited by Craig Wojo