Waves CR8 Sampler

cclarry

Interesting, it produces a sample map (like the XLN XO map but not restricted to percussive samples). I think this is available in other sample managers but not in the free ones so, not bad for $9.99  $9.29 after FEB2022 coupon (https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plugins/waves-cr8-creative-sampler)

image.png.7506d8b661a44f647a2661bfe28fbc4d.png

Update: I just realized that this functionality is from the included Cosmos, which is available separately for free!

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
updated with lower audiodeluxe price and link, clarified that price is after coupon
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Interesting, it produces a sample map (like the XLN XO map but not restricted to percussive samples). I think this is available in other sample managers but not in the free ones so, not bad for $9.99  $9.29 (https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plugins/waves-cr8-creative-sampler)

Did not see it for 9.29. But when I added it to my cart, it also automatically added the FEB2022 coupon code which brought it down to $9.29. Plus I had 3.09 in deluxe bucks so that brought the price down to a couple of cups of coffee. Makes it worth a punt.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

What's really great about this is that Waves could have made Cosmos and CR8 into one integrated product,  but they didn't. 

That means you look forward to twice as much WUP! How awesome is that???? Double the WUP enjoyment. 

It says it "integrates" with CR8...but "how" I have no idea

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Pass. I got Medla's Soundfactory.  No WUP, lifetime updates, install it on many machines as you want. No need for a DIY wannabee dongle.

Wait, you're saying that as if WUP is a bad thing. Waves is the only developer with WUP. It's an exclusive. It's the special sauce that makes their plugins extra-special good. It's like the colonel's 11 herbs and spices. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wait, you're saying that as if WUP is a bad thing. Waves is the only developer with WUP. It's an exclusive. It's the special sauce that makes their plugins extra-special good. It's like the colonel's 11 herbs and spices. 

1947627204_ColonelWaves.png.0d8a46490038d220761dc24eb7cb3605.png

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

But I like Popeye's Chicken Better ;)

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, Fleer said:

I’m dreaming of a WUP-less cosmos. 

On a serious note, I find WUP a less than upfront way to push what is pretty close to a subscription model on unware consumers-- and for the second license is q subscription (you have to purchase an annual license and the second installation will no longer work if you do not keep renewing WUP), which is not clearly specified to a prospective customer prior to a purchase. 

I'm a marketing pro that has consulted to probably two dozen sample and plugin developers and written extensively on marketing strategy,  but I only learned about WUP after I purchased a bunch of Waves plugins. It didn't leave a good taste in my mouth and since learning,  I generally buy from other developers for the most part. One thing is very clear, Waves has the largest army of influencers shilling for them of any dev I can think of. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
To make my remark comparing WUP to the subscription model more clear.
  • Like 1