Plugin Guru Valentine's Day Sale

cclarry

8 hours ago, ZincT said:

I would have Unified them Fleer, if I owned them :) I like a lot of their libraries but I stopped buying them when I realised that I couldn't resell them.
I guess Composer Cloud might be a way of obtaining them to Unify, but we are talking about some pretty huge libraries so not sure I have the disk space.

Simeon's been Unifying a lot of Spitfire libraries, so maybe EastWest could be his next venture?  Then again I watched one of his videos on VSL BB recently, and I think he said that Unifying this type of library could be tricky as the player is so much a part of how it operates. Maybe that's also true of Opus or Play IDK?   

The Spitfire Player libraries are fairly straightforward to Unify so they have been a good way for me to get started.
I am not sure where things stand as far as Unifying Kontakt libraries as there was some major issues with the recent Kontakt update which caused problems finding sample content, I am keeping my eyes peeled for more info concerning that one.

With the Synchron Player, it is more about figuring out what Linked Parameters to assign to the Macro Knobs. When I took a look at all of the parameters that Synchron was exposing it blew my mind. They were including every parameter for around 19 different mixes, I guess to cover surround applications, with each one of the mixes all of the effects and sends parameters were exposed, so it took me by surprise but I am working through it ;^)

With today's latest Originals Abe Laboriel Drums, i will be interested in seeing how I can remap the notes so that they might be used with the included drum grooves inside of Unify. I will work on it as soon as it lands here.

I would also LOVE to learn more about how to use Auto Hot Key, it sounds like a very helpful tool when doing these sorts of repetitive tasks.

It is really encouraging to see our user community here helping like they do, kudos all around.

Joyfully,
Simeon

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

With the Synchron Player, it is more about figuring out what Linked Parameters to assign to the Macro Knobs. When I took a look at all of the parameters that Synchron was exposing it blew my mind. They were including every parameter for around 19 different mixes, I guess to cover surround applications, with each one of the mixes all of the effects and sends parameters were exposed, so it took me by surprise but I am working through it ;^)

My bad, I misunderstood what you were saying in the video Simeon. I agree that the number of parameters displayed can be a bit disconcerting! I think it probably needs a way to filter what's displayed; maybe something that's already on Shane's big list of possible changes. I will be interested to see what you come up with on Synchron Player.  

I am not sure where things stand as far as Unifying Kontakt libraries as there was some major issues with the recent Kontakt update which caused problems finding sample content, I am keeping my eyes peeled for more info concerning that one.

First of all I should say that I am not keen on symbolic links so I avoid using them where possible. For Kontakt libraries, I have taken to only Unifying Kontakt Player libraries to share (the ones with a graphic on the left hand side that work in the free Kontakt Player). If it's for your own use then non-Player libraries will also work fine. 

NI made some changes to Kontakt 6 last year, where you can add a path to the location of your non-Player libraries. Despite this, it is still possible to create a Unified non-Player library which doesn't work on someone else's machine.  I expand on it a bit more in this thread if you haven't already seen it --> https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-patchbook/unified-pluginguru-kontakt-megamagic-pads/ 

With today's latest Originals Abe Laboriel Drums, i will be interested in seeing how I can remap the notes so that they might be used with the included drum grooves inside of Unify. I will work on it as soon as it lands here.

I look forward to seeing your results 👍🏻

I would also LOVE to learn more about how to use Auto Hot Key, it sounds like a very helpful tool when doing these sorts of repetitive tasks.

It's definitely worth looking into Simeon, especially for libraries with more than, say, 50 presets. It can seem a little daunting at first, and it probably helps to have some coding experience or appreciation of the concepts, but persevere and you will reap the benefits. Give me a shout if you need any more help with it. There are also certain things which are easier and faster to do using Shane's batch tools.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

A reminder that UniLofi is still on sale until 1st March and it has now been updated with a further 75 SFX patches for a total of 325 patches. It's quickly become one of my favourites and recommended if Lofi is your thang.

I have Unified another four factory libraries this week (Tone2 Icarus 2, Nemesis 2, CA Quadra and PA Thorn). These along with GForce OB-2 v2 and Decent Sampler Unified libraries are available from the middle of this page --> https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

Catch up with all the latest news from PG in tonight's livestream from 12pm PDT... 

Congrats @Doug Rintoul; it looks like your Unified Spire factory library is coming next week 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

I have Unified another four factory libraries this week (Tone2 Icarus 2, Nemesis 2, CA Quadra and PA Thorn). These along with GForce OB-2 v2 and Decent Sampler Unified libraries are available from the middle of this page --> https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

I grabbed the CA Quadra version! Awesome! :)

This synth is ideal for keyboard splits and layers in one plugin!

FYI, this synth comes in two versions for the host, a single audio output plugin, and a multi-audio output plugin. The single output version has individual sliders in the on-board mixer section where you can adjust the audio levels for each synth module before it gets to the master stereo output > Bass, Strings, Poly Synth, and Lead Synth.

The multi version offers the stereo output with all 4 channels mixed, and in addition has a dry stereo out for each of the 4 synth modules.

Obviously, the single output Quadra version is the one used in Unify today. But hopefully some day Unify will offer multiple outputs so there will be some opportunity for outboard mixing using Unify with instruments like this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

I grabbed the CA Quadra version! Awesome! :)

This synth is ideal for keyboard splits and layers in one plugin!

FYI, this synth comes in two versions for the host, a single audio output plugin, and a multi-audio output plugin. The single output version has individual sliders in the on-board mixer section where you can adjust the audio levels for each synth module before it gets to the master stereo output > Bass, Strings, Poly Synth, and Lead Synth.

The multi version offers the stereo output with all 4 channels mixed, and in addition has a dry stereo out for each of the 4 synth modules.

Obviously, the single output Quadra version is the one used in Unify today. But hopefully some day Unify will offer multiple outputs so there will be some opportunity for outboard mixing using Unify with instruments like this.

It's a funny thing @abacab but I probably had more fun using Unify's fuzzy dice with CA Quadra than any of the others I Unified this week and it is among the cheapest.

You are right to say that it is ideal for keyboard splits and layers in one plugin. The only thing missing is drums, but anyone here probably has plenty of those to choose from not to mention some that come with Unify. 

18 minutes ago, ZincT said:

You are right to say that it is ideal for keyboard splits and layers in one plugin. The only thing missing is drums, but anyone here probably has plenty of those to choose from not to mention some that come with Unify. 

Right you are! Just use Skippy's method of dropping BPM Drums into everything! 😂

For example, start with a cool Quadra split preset, then switch your Unify library browser to UniLoFi (or anything with BPM Drums), set to insert preset automatically as a new layer. Then add search text "drum" to narrow down the list, and choose a chill BPM Drum groove at random by using the dice to audition different grooves. Now you're jamming!!!

Love them dice!

• Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

Interestingly enough, I also Unified Thorn yesterday, before I saw that it was had been done by you. My time was not wasted though because I have a number of non-factory Thorn libraries that I can now use my script on. I also did Diversion yesterday but have not submitted it yet. I wanted to see what John thought of the Spire. 

Is there a place where we can tell what work is being done and what needs to be done? I looked here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-patchbook/ but did not see much about recent in progress work.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:29 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

Interestingly enough, I also Unified Thorn yesterday, before I saw that it was had been done by you. My time was not wasted though because I have a number of non-factory Thorn libraries that I can now use my script on. I also did Diversion yesterday but have not submitted it yet. I wanted to see what John thought of the Spire. 

Is there a place where we can tell what work is being done and what needs to be done? I looked here https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-patchbook/ but did not see much about recent in progress work.

I Unified Thorn months ago, but sat on it due to it being unclear whether the extra banks (one by DS and two by Rob Lee) that are included when purchased from PA could be considered as "factory" patches. Then someone on the PG forum posted this week that they were manually Unifying it. So I let the person know that I had already Unified it and sent it to John to see if he wanted to release it. I circumvented the potential issue by splitting it into two parts; the main factory presets and the 3 extra banks. So John has shared the main factory patches but is asking PA whether they are OK with the Unified extra banks also being shared. It would be unusual for non-factory patches to be allowed.

There are two main threads on the PG Forums where people talk about Unifying stuff. One is the one you mention and the other is https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-share/  .  However, you will notice that there are a few stickies at the top of the first thread which make it easy to miss new posts that occur below them.  It's also worth checking through all 8 pages of those threads for any that may already have been Unified or doing a search if you are planning to Unify a new one.

One example you will find there is the V Collection synths which someone started doing a while back but never completed them. I have worked my way through the ones he did (there were some issues with them which I have fixed) and I was planning to do the rest. If you own VC8 maybe we could collaborate to split the task or you could carry on from where he/I left off? The ones that are done are ARP 2600, B-3, Buchla Easel, Clavinet, CMI and CS-80. I also started doing Analog Lab V, but abandoned it at around 3,500 patches when I noticed that it was over 1Gb and the estimated final thing would be over 2Gb! I kept what I had done though in case anyone really wants it finished. :) 

No-No's for Unifying for now are Omnisphere and Vital factory libraries. I have Unified the latter for my own use but the dev doesn't want Unified Vital patches to be shared so we have to respect his wishes. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ZincT said:

One example you will find there is the V Collection synths which someone started doing a while back but never completed them. I have worked my way through the ones he did (there were some issues with them which I have fixed) and I was planning to do the rest. If you own VC8 maybe we could collaborate to split the task or you could carry on from where he/I left off? The ones that are done are ARP 2600, B-3, Buchla Easel, Clavinet, CMI and CS-80. I also started doing Analog Lab V, but abandoned it at around 3,500 patches when I noticed that it was over 1Gb and the estimated final thing would be over 2Gb! I kept what I had done though in case anyone really wants it finished. :) 

Sadly, I do not own VC8. Too spendy for my blood. I do own Lab V. Is the size of the Lab V library so large because of the sheer number of patches or are the patch files themselves large?

13 hours ago, ZincT said:

There are two main threads on the PG Forums where people talk about Unifying stuff. One is the one you mention and the other is https://forums.pluginguru.com/unify-share/  .  However, you will notice that there are a few stickies at the top of the first thread which make it easy to miss new posts that occur below them.  It's also worth checking through all 8 pages of those threads for any that may already have been Unified or doing a search if you are planning to Unify a new one.

Not sure how I missed the unify-share thread. I think I glanced at it and thought it was for posting original Unify patches, not Unified libraries. I will do a search before I go ahead and Unify anything else. I will also send John Unified Diversion because I don't think anyone has attempted that one.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

8 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Sadly, I do not own VC8. Too spendy for my blood. I do own Lab V. Is the size of the Lab V library so large because of the sheer number of patches or are the patch files themselves large?

When Unify saves patches from a plugin it requests a "blob" of data from the plugin for each patch and that is what gets saved. It varies enormously from plugin to plugin, for example the Unified Hive 2 factory library (2421 patches) is only around 20Mb but NI Picked Acoustic (193 patterns) is 160Mb.

8 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not sure how I missed the unify-share thread. I think I glanced at it and thought it was for posting original Unify patches, not Unified libraries. I will do a search before I go ahead and Unify anything else. I will also send John Unified Diversion because I don't think anyone has attempted that one.

The PG forum software is not the best so it's easy to miss new posts. I'm sure John will be happy to receive Unified Diversion.