Ionia (_ambient pop music_)

Larry T.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:29 AM, mark skinner said:

Very Tranquil. Enjoyed it a Lot. I doย think the L/R guitars could be narrowed a little (headphone listen) and maybe a little ambient processing. Check out ambient (acoustic) guitar by "Chords of Orion" on his you tube channel. Very nice song. mark

ย 

Hi mark....thank you very much....i just posted a new mix and i tried to get the L/R guitars clearer....the "Chords of Orion" guy is awesome......listening to his "My EBow Guitar is Gently Weeping) right now....cheers!!!!ย ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽง๐Ÿ”Š

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I liked the tranquility and the tones! As for the timing of your guitars sliding around a bit, it's only noticeable because you have the metronome of that percussion hit, sounds like a hi hat or cymbal, it's on the 2 and 4 most beats. You might get rid of that completely, and then your guitar meanderings will just seem rubato. Does this piece really need a metric timekeeper?

I also had to turn it up, it's a pretty quiet mix but maybe that's what you were going for. Very dreamstate guitars with that chorus and mesmerizing arpeggio.

Cool!

cheers,

-Tom

hi Tom....i just posted the new mix and i did eliminate the hi hat/metronome and think your suggestion is a huge improvement....thanks again very much!!!!ย ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ”Š

Nice, brings the feeling of Pat Methenys San Lorenzo. I would say it is unfinished project and you are ย getting close to something great. You needย a "theme". I would sit with an instrument and improvise for an hour or so,ย something incredible may happen to choose from.

• Thanks 1

Have you ever heard of a label called Twisted Nerve?ย  It was started by Badly Drawn Boy and Andy Votel to release BDB's music, but along the way they picked up a roster of acts such as Dakota Oak, Alfie and Misty Dixon (mainly their mates). They put out a lot of compilations with instrumentals (heavily inspired by the sound of French new wave music), and this track would not have been out of place on one of those compilations.

Great job - with all it's quirky glory

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Have you ever heard of a label called Twisted Nerve?ย  It was started by Badly Drawn Boy and Andy Votel to release BDB's music, but along the way they picked up a roster of acts such as Dakota Oak, Alfie and Misty Dixon (mainly their mates). They put out a lot of compilations with instrumentals (heavily inspired by the sound of French new wave music), and this track would not have been out of place on one of those compilations.

Great job - with all it's quirky glory

Hi Philip....nope, but i will check Twisted Nerve out....anyway, i always like to reciprocate when someone gives me some new artists to hear so here's a few that are doing stuff somewhat like Ionia only quite betterย ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽท๐Ÿ”Š....

North Sea Radio Orchestra (from England):ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPn0R2OFuY

Aranis (from Belgium):ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDC0rcWz38s

Orange Tulip Conspiracy (from America):ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksP9_DNczeA

Calomito (from Italy):ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-Hfnpltys

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

I like it - different.ย  It has flavors of Dear Prudence in there (which I love).ย  I like the panning.ย  It works in my headphones.

Nice!

Steve

ย 

ThankYou Steveย ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ”Šthat song is a favorite of mine too....it was the first song i ever heard that made me aware of how beautiful the guitars natural harmonics can be, if the song i'm writing allows it i try to incorporate them wherever they fit....the panning was something that seemed like a good idea to isolate and showcase the arpeggios....cheers!!!! ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽป๐ŸŽบ

Edited by Larry T.
spelling

On 2/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, antler said:

Great tune Larry. Very relaxing with some great guitar tones. I like it!

Thanks antler, appeciate you listening to the song and glad you like itย ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽน๐Ÿ”Š

On 2/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, bjornpdx said:

only noticed it because I was in critique mode. Other than that I enjoyed the listen.

You know sometimes I prefer to just "listen".
Always being in "critique" mode gets tiring...

So Larry a ๐Ÿ‘ here from me.

t

one little crit, and maybe this has something to do with BandLab.
There's about 4 seconds of silence on both ends of the track.
I'd tighten it up a bit.

• Thanks 1