Spiritual Mind

whoisp

On 2/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Really like this - the only thing i would say is that I found the drums a bit lightweight - personally i would like them a little more upfront but i would change the kit i think, if you know what I mean!

Apart from that, excellent

Nigel

I was torn with the drums because i did some major programming, i think if it was instrumental i would brought up more but i was undecided so brought the kick in to some sections and held back in other sections so would not upset vocal balance.  

I appreciate this on many levels. The music holds interest, grooves well, lyrics are solid. Your video presentations are amazing - such detailed editing moves and fun ideas. A total treat for the eyes!

I agree, drums could get punchier but with this song you may not want to overplay that.

So here's my question - to me it looks like you love the inventive videos, the gobsmacking color, the trippy effects, and the eye-candy fun! But I could only watch your vid @720p in the lower quality AVC codec. I have no clue what original rez your source files are, or what your video editor has for export options, or if your computer can only process files of smaller sizes? But jeeeebus if I was doing such fine video work as you are, and spending all that editing time, it would be so worth it to upgrade what you are putting up on YouTube.

For example, let's say your original source files (like the trippy space backgrounds and brain images and such) are standard 1080p stuff. 

1) Does your video editor have the ability to output the final render at 2560 x1440p  ?  . . . if you upload a high rez video like that up to YouTube, then YouTube will get "tricked" into processing your video with a much better codec - the vp09 codec.  The result will be detailed clarity of video image, no smears and pixelations like the AVC codec always leaves.

You probably know this already, apologies if you do, but on YouTube, watch your video, then right-click on it, and go to "Stats for Nerds" - there you will see the codec they used. AVC bad, vp09 good!

Whatever limitations you face, you are doing a helluva job with your music and videos - well done indeed.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I appreciate this on many levels. The music holds interest, grooves well, lyrics are solid. Your video presentations are amazing - such detailed editing moves and fun ideas. A total treat for the eyes!

I agree, drums could get punchier but with this song you may not want to overplay that.

So here's my question - to me it looks like you love the inventive videos, the gobsmacking color, the trippy effects, and the eye-candy fun! But I could only watch your vid @720p in the lower quality AVC codec. I have no clue what original rez your source files are, or what your video editor has for export options, or if your computer can only process files of smaller sizes? But jeeeebus if I was doing such fine video work as you are, and spending all that editing time, it would be so worth it to upgrade what you are putting up on YouTube.

For example, let's say your original source files (like the trippy space backgrounds and brain images and such) are standard 1080p stuff. 

1) Does your video editor have the ability to output the final render at 2560 x1440p  ?  . . . if you upload a high rez video like that up to YouTube, then YouTube will get "tricked" into processing your video with a much better codec - the vp09 codec.  The result will be detailed clarity of video image, no smears and pixelations like the AVC codec always leaves.

You probably know this already, apologies if you do, but on YouTube, watch your video, then right-click on it, and go to "Stats for Nerds" - there you will see the codec they used. AVC bad, vp09 good!

Whatever limitations you face, you are doing a helluva job with your music and videos - well done indeed.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanx for feedback Tom and great advice regarding YouTube.

Yes, my phone only records at 720p and my webcam. So I only render at 720p. I use Sony Vegas pro but i can do higher res has I do notice YouTube even kills the 720p quality. I can render of at 2560 x1440p so I should try on next video and see what the render time is like, 5 mins 720p takes 10mins max and I can render 2560 x1440p in 4 sections then a final render to glue them together. I do have premiere and After FX but never got round to using them. I know Sony pretty well and compatible with my phone codec when I use the green screen. I try not to spend to much time on video and nmore on the music but I do enjoy messing with video too so will try for sure, thanx again

P

Well done @whoisp very cool driving modern sounding project here, like the concept and the lyrics a lot !  Others have mentioned more drum prominence, but I kind of like it the way it is . . . it's a thick mix, the vocals are clear . . . louder drums might overtake the whole idea . . . they are an effective background beat to support the song idea, that works for me. The video is fun, colourful, and full of energy driven by the song . . . so very well done !

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:40 AM, noynekker said:

Well done @whoisp very cool driving modern sounding project here, like the concept and the lyrics a lot !  Others have mentioned more drum prominence, but I kind of like it the way it is . . . it's a thick mix, the vocals are clear . . . louder drums might overtake the whole idea . . . they are an effective background beat to support the song idea, that works for me. The video is fun, colourful, and full of energy driven by the song . . . so very well done !

Thank you so much

P

On 2/13/2022 at 8:44 PM, treesha said:

Yeah you did it justice, well done! I agree with the comments to have louder drums and also to turn up your wonderful vocals. Enjoyed the guitar too.

Thanx T, ive still not got round to doing the astrology signs, i got side tracked. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, treesha said:

Ha but the side tracked is great! The stars will be there when you are 

Im working on something iv'e called, Criminals on Steroids. Alternative with a bit of electronic funk rap thrown in with the odd twist, already done the EP cover haha 

481451848_CriminalsonSteriods_master.thumb.png.101dff24c2fa1a95d8b1fc17f843f6e9.png

• Haha 1