Tab in dock where you can put lyrics or other notes

Jeremy Jensen

So, I know there's the lyrics view, but it does that weird thing where it tries to sync up lyrics with a track, or it uses MIDI or something. Either way I find it unusable. I would love just a tab in the dock where I can keep lyrics or any other notes. I have a two screen setup, and it would be amazing to be able to have my lyrics in a tab next to, say, the console, instead of having to go back and forth between Cakewalk and Notepad or whatever. 

I normally use the notes tab for this.

Also, if you click on it to give it focus, the font gets bigger (so you can read it!):

image.png.038a8af6b1d6cff44098f5c6eed74bc5.png

[Edit] As an alternative, you could use something like MNotepad (one of the free plugins from MeldaProductions) and dock it in the multidock:

image.png.1140ddecd490bc3efe15d7ea8e98dcb4.png

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this would help at all - but in staff view there is a place to type lyrics along the staff line that would scroll along with playback - I think that can be docked to a second screen. I've never tried it - but it might be worth a look to see if it would work.

Sorry - I just re-read your OP - Looks like you tried this already - nothing to see here....

Edited by RBH

I personally would love to see some enhancements on Lyric view. I tried it a few times but it was difficult to understand.

A font enlarger with ease would be nice and a way to add a line with a midi note (to accompany a lyric line) with ease would also be helpful.