Audio files not playing properly

Adam Soukup

Question

So i upgraded to SSD and had all my project saved elsewhere. I reinstalled Cakewalk on the new disk, but now when i open the projects some audio files don't play at all only sends from them play. When i create new audio track and i put the audio file with the same FX and sends on it then it works but goes silent every few seconds, its not always the same spot its always after few second so if i play it from different place its goes silent at different time. This problem is still present even after i export the audio. i tried expoting tracks one by one witch also didn't help, it also doesn't seem to be any hardware issue and the audio file when i play them outside of cakewalk also seem okay. Does anybody know how to solve this issue ?

3 answers to this question

This sounds like a plugin that needs re-authorizing since moving to your new disk.  

Some plugins periodically go silent for a few seconds when they're not authorized... and they may use the disk's serial number as part of their authorization.

First click the FX button on the transport module to disable all effects.  If all your audio is sounding, then that's your problem.

Then turn FX back on, and manually disable all of your effects, and introduce them one by one until you find the culprit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This sounds like a plugin that needs re-authorizing since moving to your new disk.  

I concur.

Some plugins deem a hard drive change to be seen as a new PC and deactivate themselves.

I had this issue with I cloned my system drive and Addictive Drums 2.

A simple reactivation of the plugin should sort this.

6 hours ago, Adam Soukup said:

So i upgraded to SSD and had all my project saved elsewhere. I reinstalled Cakewalk on the new disk, but now when i open the projects some audio files don't play at all only sends from them play. When i create new audio track and i put the audio file with the same FX and sends on it then it works but goes silent every few seconds, its not always the same spot its always after few second so if i play it from different place its goes silent at different time. This problem is still present even after i export the audio. i tried expoting tracks one by one witch also didn't help, it also doesn't seem to be any hardware issue and the audio file when i play them outside of cakewalk also seem okay. Does anybody know how to solve this issue ?

I actually experienced this today trying to figure out an issue i had.  I too have done a new install of Windows last night after updating to the new EA release. And today I was struggling with this for about 5mins until my eyes caught something that let me to fix this. 

Windows was not activated. Pressed the window key + I went in by Systems, scrolled down to ABOUT and located yhe CHANGE WINDOWS KEY OR UPGRADE YOUR EDITION OF WINDOWS link at the bottom of Windows Specifications under COPY. Windows will then ask you to activate. Activate and done.

Might be your problem too. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo