Anyone using more than one DAW?

SynthManDan

I didn't read all your messages, just the first and some, 

But I have:

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (latest, with all the plugins)

CbB

Presonus Studio One 3

Steinberg Cubase 9.5 Pro

I've tried to use S1 and QB but  I cant work and enjoy at the same time. Those are great if you know the flow in them, but for me, Cakewalk it the one I know and can use. Mind you that knowing the DAW does not makes one makes better music. Just that one do it with less swear words and more smiling.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Cubase pro 10 a few weeks ago on sale with crossgrade price. Maybe a little sickness involved here but I kinda felt strange with a *free* daw. Still haven't used cubase yet but when I opened it it really looked less quality than cakewalk (though I know that doesn't really mean anything performance wise) . Still using cakewalk though. Cubase will be the backup...I guess.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:37 AM, ØSkald said:

Cakewalk it the one I know and can use. Mind you that knowing the DAW does not makes one makes better music. Just that one do it with less swear words and more smiling.

Cakewalk is no good if you are in a punk band then.😎

• Haha 1

I use numerous DAW applications (depending on what needs to be done).

• CbB
  • Samplitude Pro X
  • ProTools Ultimate
  • Studio One
  • Cubase Pro
  • Reaper
  • Digital Performer

Currently mixing a client's project using CbB. 

Though the bulk has been done in CbB, I've exported a few tracks to Samplitude Pro X to fix clipping/etc.

IMO, It's good to have something like Samplitude or Reaper as a secondary DAW.  Both offer advanced (per Clip) editing features, batch-processing, etc; features that compliment your primary DAW.

Cbb, P5,  BWS 2, SOP4.

CW of course gets the most use because I have been using some form of it for 20 years 

Bitwig gets some play.  I picked it up as a replacement for P5 because it seemed similar and I never took to Ableton Live.

Studio One seems solid enough and has some nice features but I just haven't been that productive with it.