Anyone using more than one DAW?

SynthManDan

What other DAWS are you using?  I’ve only recently come back to Cakewalk.  I didn’t even know it was still available.  I’m still confused about how they can offer it for free.

The other DAW I’ve been using for years is Acoustica MixCraft.  Currently have MixCraft 8 Pro.

SMD

In addition to all the answers you will probably get here, you might want to check out the forum Bapu created when we all thought Cakewalk was going away forever.  It literally was created to discuss this topic (as well as keeping the Coffee House fun going and not losing touch with the members).

Check it out here: Beyond My DAW

• Like 2

I've slowly started learning Samplitude and recently I'm spending a lot of time in Cubase Pro 10.  The only other DAW I'll give a try one of these days is Pro Tools...I'm old school...I play 3 instruments so no loop stuff and I don't care for cartoon interfaces(still using BFD2 ;) ).

Bill

I’ve been considering downloading the trial demo for Samplitude Music Studio.  Is the program worth the $99 price?  I pretty much have my grounds covered using Cakewalk and MixCraft 8 Pro Studio.  I bounce between the two because MixCraft has its own suite of included VST’s that are pretty good.  Does Samplitude Music Studio include any Brass and Woodwind?  

SMD

Edited by SynthManDan

I have licenses for: Cakewalk, SONAR Platinum, Reaper 5.x, Mixbus/32C 5.x, Studio One Pro 4.5, Samplitude 3, Mixcraft 8 & now Cubase 10 (not yet registered, waiting on a serial # & e-licenser).

I regularly use Cakewalk, Studio One Pro 4.5 & MIxbus 32C.

I'm not a fan of Samplitude & MIxcraft and so when I had to rebuild my  C drive I chose not to install those.

• Like 2

I have CbB, Presonus Studio One, Samplitude, Tracktion. I  like Samplitude for the Staff view but I prefer Cakewalk because I am use to it. Presonus I  need to spend more time with to get up to speed.  I decided when Sonar went down I didn't want to be left without a few DAW's.  Now that Cakewalk is back I can take my time learning the other software.  I have learned they all have strengths and weaknesses and they all have Bugs :)

Hi. I have a license for SONAR/CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, MixBus 5 and some elements/light versions of other DAW's.

I use them all, except for the elements versions, except a Wavelab version that's nais to have to check stuff in from time to time.

All the best.

I’ve read a lot of good reviews about Studio One..., might have to try that one out too.  Just for kicks and giggles I downloaded the trial version of Ignite by AIR.  That little program surprised me.  Unfortunately you can’t add any sounds to it though.

SMD

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have licenses for: Cakewalk, SONAR Platinum, Reaper 5.x, Mixbus/32C 5.x, Studio One Pro 4.5, Samplitude 3, Mixcraft 8 & now Cubase 10 (not yet registered, waiting on a serial # & e-licenser).

I regularly use Cakewalk, Studio One Pro 4.5 & MIxbus 32C.

I'm not a fan of Samplitude & MIxcraft and so when I had to rebuild my  C drive I chose not to install those.

What???   No Pro Tools???!  😆

In addition to Cakewalk/SONAR Platinum, I've got Studio One Pro 4.5, Mixbus/32C 4, MixCraft 8 Pro Studio, Samplitude 3, and Band in a Box 2019.

I pretty much use Cakewalk for everything now. Any precision audio editing gets done in either SoundForge or Acoustica (depending on what PC I'm on).

Band in a Box gets some use on occasion (maybe once a month), but the others hardly get used at all.

Oh, and my Amiga 600 with Music-X 2.0 is still setup in my studio connected to a 5" CRT TV. Does 250 MIDI tracks + 4 tracks of 8 bit / 22Khz audio still count as a DAW ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

I’ve been considering downloading the trial demo for Samplitude Music Studio.  Is the program worth the $99 price?  I pretty much have my grounds covered using Cakewalk and MixCraft 8 Pro Studio.  I bounce between the two because MixCraft has its own suite of included VST’s that are pretty good.  Does Samplitude Music Studio include any Brass and Woodwind?  

SMD

You can get Samplitude X4 suite for about 150.00 - if you're going to try it out - go for the X4 suite.
I believe the new release of Samplitude does have Brass. 

From Magix  recent E-mail  for Sampletude X4 suite.

Only available in the Suite:

5 additional VST instruments included only in the Suite version: Pop Brass, Concert Guitar, Sansula, Upright Bass and Urban Drums.

Cleaning & Restoration Suite: DeClicker/DeCrackler, DeHisser, DeClipper, DeNoiser for eliminating clipping, crackling and noise from your audio files.

I have Samplitude but I use it just for some older legacy files.  I use Independence Pro for a lot of work - It has  a very good sample set.

There's a very big learning curve with Samplitude  that I never quite got the hang of.  I've been a Cakewalker for many many years and though other DAWS do have good features and do some things very well... I can't get anywhere near the productivity of CbB.

I use Harrison Mixbus32C sometimes, just for a change. I've got Digital Performer too, but I've never really got to grips with it and it seems to have fallen out of use lately. I want to get back into it when I have more time to spare.

Cubase 10 Pro and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I use Cubase for midi work and Cakewalk for audio work and mastering my projects, and both DAWs see steady use. 

I do own other DAWs - Samplitude X3 Pro, Mixbus and Reaper, but rarely fire them up.

• Like 1