Time Space is AWOL

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Frank said:
50 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

So that would mean Zero G is out... that was my own sampling library release first distributor ever! Ahh.. they are still up and seem in operation

I hope Zero-G will stay

Really wishing them to stay strong and carry on. One of my favorite shops for samples recently. 

That being said I feel very sad for T+S, had been buying more and more from them over last year.

Edited by chris.r

20 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Thomann is steadily providing better and better software deals for us here in Europe.  Very good company have been using them for all sorts of purchases in past two decades 

I've bought a bunch of hardware from them, but never thought of them as a software vendor. Thanks y'all for pointing that out. I've been happy with Thomann's service and prices.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Stefano Maccarelli has stated on the Sample Libraries' facebook page that T+S and Zero-G are not the same entity. So it looks like Zero-G's fortunes are not entwined in T+S's.

Thanks Doug, from what I remember, Zero G was like a production company and T+S was a distributor. That was how I envisage their roles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Maar said:

I've bought a bunch of hardware from them, but never thought of them as a software vendor. Thanks y'all for pointing that out. I've been happy with Thomann's service and prices.

Yes, they only started selling downloadable software few years ago, but have since provided very good price for some vendors like Leapwing audio and Eventide... my last purchases through Thomann

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Stefano Maccarelli has stated on the Sample Libraries' facebook page that T+S and Zero-G are not the same entity. So it looks like Zero-G's fortunes are not entwined in T+S's.

I covered this topic not too long ago.  While they were closely related, they are two separate companies...so no worries

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Thanks Doug, from what I remember, Zero G was like a production company and T+S was a distributor. That was how I envisage their roles.

Stefano's full quote was "Ethera is distributed in primis by Zero-G, marketed through several channels, like Best Services and T+S. T+S and Zero-G are not the same entity."

As Larry has just stated, they are two separate entities. There is a long discussion on VI-Control with people arguing this fact with Stefano. Kind of funny actually. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Their company accounts show about 550k debts so maybe they just went bankrupt

If true, I wonder if it was the intense competition among music software companies that drove them out of business.

I'm definitely not a business guy, but have to wonder if this situation bodes ill for the remaining companies.  How much cheaper can they sell their plugins and still stay solvent?

Edited by locrian
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, locrian said:

If true, I wonder if it was the intense competition among music software companies that drove them out of business.

I'm definitely not a business guy, but have to wonder if this situation bodes ill for the remaining companies.  How much cheaper can they sell their plugins and still stay solvent?

They were based in the UK and gave good customer service.  That's not cheap.  Lots of people like to buy direct too.

It all part of the "race to the bottom" on prices I guess.    I love a bargain as much as the next guy/gal but I also think we need to look at the bigger picture when we buy.  Developers/resellers deserve to get paid just like everyone else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon said:

They were based in the UK and gave good customer service.  That's not cheap.  Lots of people like to buy direct too.

It all part of the "race to the bottom" on prices I guess.    I love a bargain as much as the next guy/gal but I also think we need to look at the bigger picture when we buy.  Developers/resellers deserve to get paid just like everyone else.

Unfortunately some developers are offering better deals direct instead of the distributors slugging it out.

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

Waves might be next! $9.99 for a brand new sampler! 🙈

Exactly.  That was the motivation for my post above.

Waves is fairly aggressive with their pricing which makes me wonder how much longer they can last.

When there's this much competition, that 'race-to-the bottom' pricing someone mentioned above drives companies out of business.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious consolidation where the big 'fish' eat the small ones.  It seems inevitable at this point (unless selling plugins is much more profitable then I think).

Maybe now's a good time to download and back-up all your serial numbers...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, abacab said:

Waves might be next! $9.99 for a brand new sampler! 🙈

very different thing when you make something once and sell it over and over vs resellers that have to buy every unit they sell and compete with others selling the exact same thing.

Edited by Paul_in_wales
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, Paul_in_wales said:

very different thing when you make something and sell it over and over vs resellers that have to buy every unit they sell and compete with others selling the exact same thing.

True, but not everyone actually buys their plugins.  And this seems particularly true for Waves.

4 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

So that would mean Zero G is out... that was my own sampling library release first distributor ever! Ahh.. they are still up and seem in operation

They are both listed as Ltd. companies so AFAIK that means that they are legally separate businesses with no financial responsibility towards each other even though in reality they might effectively be the right pocket and the left pocket of the same individual's trousers as it were. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, paulo said:

They are both listed as Ltd. companies so AFAIK that means that they are legally separate businesses with no financial responsibility towards each other even though in reality they might effectively be the right pocket and the left pocket of the same individual's trousers as it were. 

yeah, same registered address - looks almost like grandmother is director of both, time+space is shared with son and zero-g is shared with grandson.  Whilst limited companies don't have direct responsibility to each other, a personal guarantee can still have a knock-on effect.

• Thanks 1