vPlayer3 free at PluginBoutique

Fleer

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/72-Utility/2729-vPlayer-3

vPlayer is a standalone software developed for quick testing new vst/au instruments without the need to use any DAW.

Play a quick loading jam session using your favorite synths, up to 4 instruments at same time using different keyboards and processing each instrument output through an effect plugin.

• Thanks 4

Well, I missed it the first time around.  Installed.  Tried it out to host Amp Room.  The GUI could use some work, like the plugin browser defaults in Documents so you have to know where your plugins live (/Library/Audio/Plugins on Mac).

Went searching for alternatives and found Hosting AU (for Mac only).  http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html  You can select your plugin from a list rather than manually search in a file browser.

Deleted vPlayer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Oh the shame! I recall doing it once. I'm still traumatized by the experience. Our support group meets on Thursday evenings,  Fleer. We're in this together,  friend.  It gets better. Hang in there. 

Yeah, I'm embarrassed for him that he made such a rookie mistake.  Oh the shame...    😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yeah, I'm embarrassed for him that he made such a rookie mistake.  Oh the shame...    😳

I hear they're going to start pinning a little symbol in the avatars of those who've made this mistake.  A scarlet letter of sorts so that everyone can see their shame. I'm sorry, Fleer. I'll always remember the old Fleer, before this horrible mistake.  We had some laughs.  

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I hear they're going to start pinning a little symbol in the avatars of those who've made this mistake.  A scarlet letter of sorts so that everyone can see their shame. I'm sorry, Fleer. I'll always remember the old Fleer, before this horrible mistake.  We had some laughs.  

Who is Fleer? He is dead to me for doing such a horrendous deed.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Who is Fleer? He is dead to me for doing such a horrendous deed.

Harsh. But fair. You're a good man, Doug. I respect your high standards. 

For more forgiving souls, I'd recommend merely shunning Fleer for the next year, then, slowly, providing him the opportunity to reenter society, realizing that he has done a horrible thing that will never be forgotten,  but that can serve as a lesson to all. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I use Kushview Element for this. It is a pretty amazing piece of software.

What do you use it for Doug - live performing? 

I watched the video linked below, and it does indeed look very well thought out, clean GUI, and simple. Impressive.  But what is the application for this thing? 

Is this a "container" you can instantiate inside your DAW as well? Is it like the Blue Cat PatchWorks?

I could go digging but I'm feeling lazy today...  🙃

Just tried it out - this one can play VST2 & VST3 plugins at the same time!
One thing that vPlayer 3 could really use is the ability to drag & drop plugins on to it.

Note Kushview Element supports both VST2 & VST3 as well as drag & drop

Edited by TheSteven