CbB is being dumped is favor of X3.

usalabs

Well, after a lot of people saying "give it another chance, it could be just a hiccup etc etc etc', it's time to just pack up CbB and trash it, ever since I first installed and kept up with the updates, it's been nothing but crap, there is no way in hell I'm going to put this on my studio computer, luckily I still have my trusted X3 PE on the studio computer, which since I bought it some time ago, has NEVER let me down, I can't say the same for CbB, I have problem after problem after problem with it, it literally crashes about every 10 minutes of use (title bar says Cakewalk (Not Responding), and I have to use the task manager to 'kill' the process, then there's constant audio engine dropouts, and I'm doing absolutely nothing different from using X3 PE to CbB, also, this problem is shared with all Cakewalk DAW's, when it crashes, either through software crash, or an interruption in the power, but either way, Cakewalk does save a backup copy of the project (I have mine set to autosave after every 5 changes, but when the DAW is re-opened it doesn't recall the saved backup, instead I have to open the file with the name "saved......." which then is treated as the main file, so another copy is created, and when I save the project, it saves it under the same saved filename, not the original filename that was created when creating a new project, so I have to use 'Save As'.  I have in one of my project folder 14 saved copies of just one project."

I don't want to hear, "change this and that, tweak this, edit that, it's your system" BULL CRAP, it's not my system otherwise I would have the same problems with X3, which I don't.  When using X3, I've had a maximum of 20 tracks and around 12 VSTi's/VST's and I can perform live tweaking as the project is playing, without any problems, can I do that with CbB?  NO!, I get engine dropouts as soon as I open a VST's properties.

So, yeah, it's time to dump the DAW, and use my old faithful X3 PE, I can still use my account for uploading stems etc etc by just drag and drop tracks in the mix editor, but as for using CbB?  FORGET IT!

• Meh 2

How strange! You should be proud because I have the feeling that you are the only one who has this happen to you. Cakewalk doesn't compare to the X3 ... in terms of stability, workflow and upgrade it's light years from the X3 ... which is somewhere in primitive antiquity. Usually posts like this come from people who don't know how to make their settings in the program. How can things work perfectly for everyone and not for you? ... how strange! ... How strange!

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

Sorry you’re having these problems. 

Something from your post really stands out for me, the following;

”there is no way in hell I'm going to put this on my studio computer, luckily I still have my trusted X3 PE on the studio computer, which since I bought it some time ago, has NEVER let me down, “

So you’re running CbB on a different computer to X3PE which you say is on your Studio PC   

I’m having trouble understanding how you can compare the performance and stability of CbB on a completely different computer to your stable studio one where you’re running X3.

Including myself, I know multiple people who run versions of Sonar in parallel to CbB on the same machine without problem. I don’t need the Sonar versions except for V-Vocal 

Anyway there seems to be plenty of room for doubt about your conclusions.  Still you should do what you think works best for you. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1