In a Galaxy Far Away - Video

bjornpdx

In a Galaxy Far Away

I wrote a song that I didn't think was all that good so I made it a video soundtrack. I guess this is a learning Davinci Resolve project more than a real video.  

I downloaded a bunch of clips from Pixabay and iStock and applied some fx tricks like chroma keying and blending options for interesting results.  At least I think they're interesting. Well some are kind of stupid. Fun to do though. Some fx didn't blend well so don't look too close.

Thanks for watching/comments.

-Bjorn

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

In a Galaxy Far Away

I wrote a song that I didn't think was all that good so I made it a video soundtrack. I guess this is a learning Davinci Resolve project more than a real video.  

I downloaded a bunch of clips from Pixabay and iStock and applied some fx tricks like chroma keying and blending options for interesting results.  At least I think they're interesting. Well some are kind of stupid. Fun to do though. Some fx didn't blend well so don't look too close.

Thanks for watching/comments.

-Bjorn

Hey Bjorn,

That was really enjoyable.  Just the mood I wanted to be in.  The visuals and music work very well, very contemplative and relaxing to watch.   Thanks for posting!

Jerry

• Like 1

I liked it. My first thought on genre is 'soundscape', but could be placed in several categories. Davinci Resolve is great, should go hand in hand with Cakewalk. I think making both music and videos to see what you like and don't like is a perfect process on that personal path of self expression. Similar to what I'm doing at the moment, I quit music altogether for ten years, now getting back into it, see what comes out, then go from there. If we don't like creating what we are creating, then it starts to loose that genuine self expressive aspect. Work on the stuff we like and feel connected to, and perfect that, even if it seems silly and stupid at first. But if we don't like what we create, then try something new. :)

• Like 1

So I'm looking at this again and thinking, well maybe the T.Rex and whale were a bit over the top. At least I didn't include the stalking tiger clip.

Jerry - Thanks for listening.  Not sure how relaxing the T.Rex was for you?  😁

Hidden Sym, David, Nigel - Thank you.

Doug - Thanks. I've done meditation music in the past. Never finished one 'cause I always fell asleep.  Bada boom.  😁

Adalheidis -  As Ricky Nelson said: "you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself"  Which probably won't earn you money but maybe that's not the point. And you're probably asking yourself, "Who's Ricky Nelson?"  

-Bjorn

Edited by bjornpdx

On 2/11/2022 at 7:11 PM, bjornpdx said:

At least I think they're interesting.

+1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bajan Blue said:

video was very well done and went excellently with the music

I concur

On 2/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, bjornpdx said:

maybe the T.Rex and whale were a bit over the top

Don't second guess yourself, its a good piece of work.
Declare "Victory" and move forward...

t

• Like 1

Friggin great! Keep the t-rex! The owl/harrier and that kid with the ball were also amazing. Full kudos to those crisp chromakeys, wonderful stuff!

Let's not forget the music - I agree it's meditation worthy and the panning especially was duly noted and appreciated! Super clean and clear mix.

loved it!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1