Izotope Elements Sale at KVR

cclarry

37 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I have RX Elements 6. Any reason to "upgrade" (aka "buy again" in iZotope's lingo) to v7?

The only real feature addition from what I've experienced is the addition of the "assistant" function.  However, this only appears in the Standalone application instead of the plugin which I find annoying (considering the other Elements applications have the assistant within the plugin).  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I have RX Elements 6. Any reason to "upgrade" (aka "buy again" in iZotope's lingo) to v7?

I'd like to ask similar question. Back some years ago I saw a denoise app bundled with Nero disc burning software, with it I was able to sample just the noise profile for example at the beginning or end of a recording and the app has simply extracted the noise/buzz information from the recording without any side effects, it was perfect! Maybe that was using a spectral method idk. My question is, can RX Elements do the same or should I go with the full version (assuming it has that function)? Thx.

10 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I'd like to ask similar question. Back some years ago I saw a denoise app bundled with Nero disc burning software, with it I was able to sample just the noise profile for example at the beginning or end of a recording and the app has simply extracted the noise/buzz information from the recording without any side effects, it was perfect! Maybe that was using a spectral method idk. My question is, can RX Elements do the same or should I go with the full version (assuming it has that function)? Thx.

RX6 Elements has a plugin called "Voice De-Noise" that do what you're describing but is geared towards voice recordings (dialogue).  To have the same functionality on a full spectrum recording I guess we'll need the RX Standard version at least.

Edited by Sergio
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I'd see if you can download a trial of Elements.  Use voice de-noise and set to manual, playback that "beginning" part to sample the noise.  Stop and then play it again adjusting the threshold and reduction.

Put the profile on music instead of voice/dialog.

The more expensive versions are better suited to full frequency.  However, if you were impressed by Nero's abilities.  I'd image even "elements" should be an upgrade.

(if your recording has pops and clicks - not just spectral consistent noise - the assistant function might help apply all of the options in one shot easily).

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

However, if you were impressed by Nero's abilities...

yeah that one impressed me by miles :D it has got an algorithm like from a top notch cleaning software, there was a buzz on a whole recording, most probably from a broken wire or maybe a ground loop, I had luck I started to record quite early and there was good sample of it at the beginning, it cleared it as there was never any buzz before and the quality of the rest was intact, really impressive

36 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

if your recording has pops and clicks - not just spectral consistent noise - the assistant function might help apply all of the options in one shot easily

I reckon the assistant is a feature of any version above elements?

4 minutes ago, chris.r said:

yeah that one impressed me by miles :D it has got an algorithm like from a top notch cleaning software, there was a buzz on a whole recording, most probably from a broken wire or maybe a ground loop, I had luck I started to record quite early and there was good sample of it at the beginning, it cleared it as there was never any buzz before and the quality of the rest was intact, really impressive

I reckon the assistant is a feature of any version above elements?

It is in Elements, Standard and Advanced.

As for top notch software cleaning, at this point Izoptope is probably considered the standard by which all others are judged.