Two More YouTube Channels Of Cakewalk

DeBro

They probably like a majority of users have never seen this forum.  Seems more people using Facebook and other social media type sites than user forums now. It's a bit of a shame because the help you get on facebook is not the same quality as you will get here. On one post I read about 25 real bad answers to the persons issue. No wonder so many new users end up all screwed up.  

But that said I post my videos  to about 4 different Facebook Cakewalk groups and that is where my view count comes fromm,  not from here. I only post here because I'm a die hard fan of our forum and I find it's much easier to post a video than type out 6 paragrphs of what was probably already written in the documentation, right! .   So I can see why people who make Cakewalk tutorials might not bother posting here. No traffic. 

A critique of the videos- The first with the  lady was of the type that drives me bonkers. Takes 15 minutes to teach a 3 minute lesson because they are trying too hard to be interesting people and not teachers. I liked the second guy he was to the point more or less. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John Vere said:

The first with the  lady was of the type that drives me bonkers. Takes 15 minutes to teach a 3 minute lesson because they are trying too hard to be interesting people and not teachers.

I kinda had this experience at first ("oh lord, she's using ASIO4ALL and a 32-bit version of Supermassive and she can't get her VSTi to load because she's trying to install the 32-bit version and getting confused between Program Files and Program Files (x86)"). But in defense of Lorene's style and what I think she's trying to teach (not that she needs any), she bills it as "Learning Cakewalk WITH Lorene." And I think she means it exactly that way, she refers to what she does as "Cakestumbling." It's a TV show of a woman with a sense of humor having fun teaching herself how to use a DAW.

I've comforted frustrated newbies by saying "don't worry, I made all those mistakes while I was learning?" (ASIO4ALL, check, 32-bit plug-ins, check, VSTi wouldn't load because I had the path wrong, check).

It won't sink in as much as seeing someone make all those mistakes and keep trying, and even keep smiling and laughing at their own frustrations. The message I get is "don't be put off from trying this because you're not a 16-year-old techno wunderkind or a computer or studio veteran, don't be afraid of looking clueless, it's still fun even if you screw something up and have to sort your way out of it."

Picked up a valuable trick from her: using Arranger Track to analyze the structure of someone else's song (she used her old band's song as an example). This is something I am struggling with right now and I can say this IS a technique I will try, at least once or twice.

I try to promote the forum wherever I can, YouTube, Facebook, whatever.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 3