Waves free plugin

Frank

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

That's a baby step! You started with hate, so you're moving in the right direction and slowly (very slowly, actually, a snail's pace would be monumentally faster) warming up to WUP.  I'm presently building a site that features the best deals on WUP and you can even look at past sales so you can understand how good the past WUP deals were compared to the current WUP deals. And great news, they'll be WUP merchandize like WUP mugs, WUP t-shirts, we're talking with the makers of Monopoly for a WUP version of the game. Do you have a dog , @Fleer? I just know he'd look adorable and stylish wearing this great "I love WUP" shirt that we're going to be selling. I can comp you one if you just make a pro WUP YouTube video and get 5,000 or more views. Be on the lookout for it soon, WUPtopia.com. * 

* None of this is true. 

Livin' the WUP's life, man.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If whatever it is ends up being delivered via Waves Central and you have non-WUP'd plugins, I'd have to disagree on the no risk part.

Huh? Whassat mean? WUP insecurity?

Edited by abacab

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

Huh? Whassat mean?

I've had two occassions where a Waves Central update made non-WUP'd plugins no longer work.  From v9 to v10 and also during a v12 update (with a v12 plugin no less), but without WUP, Waves won't lift a finger to assist.  

Just saying that if this thing is delivered via Waves Central, by the very nature of the system, WC will need an update to add it and therefore if you run WC and don't have WUP there is some level of "risk."  It might be minor risk, but as someone burned twice, I'm just raising my hand saying the processes isn't foolproof.  

And this happened across multiple machines mind you.

Only WAVES plugin I use any more is the Silibance one I got a couple free seats of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I've had two occassions where a Waves Central update made non-WUP'd plugins no longer work.  From v9 to v10 and also during a v12 update (with a v12 plugin no less), but without WUP, Waves won't lift a finger to assist.  

Just saying that if this thing is delivered via Waves Central, by the very nature of the system, WC will need an update to add it and therefore if you run WC and don't have WUP there is some level of "risk."  It might be minor risk, but as someone burned twice, I'm just raising my hand saying the processes isn't foolproof.  

And this happened across multiple machines mind you.

Only WAVES plugin I use any more is the Silibance one I got a couple free seats of.

I understand, but have only bought WUP once just to add the re-sizeable plugins feature update. So I generally stay un-WUPped!

Had no issues with the last update for a free plugin to v13. So I currently have v11, v12, and v13 running side by side, no issues.

But since I take a full image of my system drive daily, I can always just roll my PC back to "yesterday" if things ever go sideways with an update! :)

Disclorure: I only purchased my first Waves plugin in 2018 and all of them - - around 50 total -- work flawlessly on my Windows 10 machine. I've never WUPed. But I know Fleer has, and apparently all of that WUPing can make a man bitter. I do not look forward to the day when I one of my Waves plugins stops working. That alone has made me hesitant to move to Windows 11. It will be a much costlier proposition due to WUP, and before you know it, people won't be able to tell who made  that anti-WUP post, was it Fleer or PavlovsCat. Of course, this information  might impact how people view my new site, WUPtopia.com. I sure hope not. But until my the day my plugins stop working and I'm forced to buy WUP -- LONG LIVE WUP!!!! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1

We must keep WAVES daddy happy so we can continue to receive his approval and gifts by his gracious givings!  Fly my money, fly to WAVES daddy before he casts us out into the obsolete bin where we can no longer afford his appreciation!    💸

11521A54-6ED7-462C-8DB3-4566DFFDB39A.thumb.jpeg.b1870134fa055ec5035e741fbcf90805.jpeg

Edited by Clovis Ramsay
  • Haha 1