Meta Acquires Accusonus

cclarry

10 hours ago, Pollux said:

Next thing, Amazon purchases Avi, Google purchases steinberg and Microsoft purchases Cakewalk  😂😂😂😂😂

Don't laugh!
When I was on the Amiga working with Bars and Pipes, Microsoft purchased Blue Ribbon Soundworks for some of their generative music products to try and integrate some of the technology into Windows, so it could happen, but let's hope that it doesn't!
I think Cakewalk is probably in its best position at the moment and I hope it continues to gain positive momentum in the music creation community.

10 hours ago, Pollux said:

Next thing, Amazon purchases Avi, Google purchases steinberg and Microsoft purchases Cakewalk  😂😂😂😂😂

Funny thing is, Microsoft was actually considering it when Cakewalk was down before Bandlab picked it up. They needed a rival DAW for Garage Band/Logic and already had a good relationship with the developers.

• Like 2

I've got a few Accusonus products.  As this acquisition means Meta will gain access to Accusonus' user database, I guess I expect to start receiving spam* 🙁

* I read a story a while back that Facebook took phone numbers that were promised to only be used for 2FA, and sold them for marketing purposes

On 2/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, pseudopop said:

Interesting. What technology Accusonus has that would interest Zuckerberg?

The issue does not have to be a currently deployed technology, they may just want the shop. Since Accusonus is not currently competing with Meta, the usual motivation of absorbing competition does not seem to apply. The other major motive for the mega-giants to buy up minnows is to get hold of their personnel. The metaverse is going to need a lot of sound design--it is after all just a big idea for a gigantic multiplayer video game in its current form.