PA Flash Sale - Elysia Alpha Compressor

cclarry

$29.99

elysia alpha compressor: The ultimate mastering grade compressor

Use voucher code during checkout! Flash Sale offer expires 11:59 PM PST on February 11, 2022.

ALPHA-2999

This is a fixed price offer! The price for this product will not change if you add more plugins to your order. But you will get dynamic discounts of 20-60% on any additional purchase. 

Local VAT taxes may be added, only if required by law in your country.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/elysia_alpha_compressor.html

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, I’ve been lusting after this juan for some time, but I can’t use my $25 vouchers on $30 items. 

You can add a $10 item (pedals currently on sale) to the cart to make it eligible, for $15 total.

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

You can add a $10 item (pedals currently on sale) to the cart to make it eligible, for $15 total.

Indeed. Thanks. Guess I’m too spoiled having bought most PA plugs for $5 (or free). Especially the old ones like this. 

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

They've released so many flashy compressors since this one, yet whenever I test them, this still holds its own and I often reach for it in preference to many of their others 🙂

Absolutely correct! It is a great compressor... great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

They've released so many flashy compressors since this one, yet whenever I test them, this still holds its own and I often reach for it in preference to many of their others 🙂

7 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Absolutely correct! It is a great compressor... great!

What is it that you guys like so much about this compressor?  It's certainly NOT its clean easy to use interface.  :)

22 minutes ago, mibby said:

What is it that you guys like so much about this compressor?  It's certainly NOT its clean easy to use interface.  :)

It's a Swiss army knife of a compressor with mid/side, built in clipper and some controls for shaping the tone. It can be really transparent, but also allow you to modify the overall sound quite heavily in a direction you choose. The workflow is fluid.

I do get your point about the interface! Haha.. for me this in ways reminds me of Tokyo Dawn Labs TDR Kotelnikov.. these two are probably the only compressors where I've felt I need to read the manual.. and maybe watch a tutorial 🤣

And not everyone gets mid/side either.. but spend the time learning this one and it's got great power and versatility and of course the most important.. great sound 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mibby said:

Sound and reaction of the compressor and compression sculpting capabilities which makes very useful comp envelope

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

It's a Swiss army knife of a compressor with mid/side, built in clipper and some controls for shaping the tone. It can be really transparent, but also allow you to modify the overall sound quite heavily in a direction you choose. The workflow is fluid.

I do get your point about the interface! Haha.. for me this in ways reminds me of Tokyo Dawn Labs TDR Kotelnikov.. these two are probably the only compressors where I've felt I need to read the manual.. and maybe watch a tutorial 🤣

And not everyone gets mid/side either.. but spend the time learning this one and it's got great power and versatility and of course the most important.. great sound 🙂

What the man said 👍👍👍😊

• Like 1

Another alpha compressor lover here. I bought it because elysia mpressor is so good, and because White Sea Studios gave it a rave review.

It looks intimidating at first, all those knobs and switches, but the thing is, you don't have to use all of them. Stick to what you know, attack, release, threshold, and makeup gain and leave the rest turned off until you've got some time to play with them.

Tip: it comes with 22 presets. You can access them via the "VST3" menu in Cakewalk's plug-in UI. This goes for many other PA products as well.

Other tip: I think there's a tuner that goes for $5 somewhere on PA's site, I used it for order padding.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Other tip: I think there's a tuner that goes for $5 somewhere on PA's site, I used it for order padding.

That's only when it's on sale.  Right now, bx_tuner is $19, but the pedals are $9.99.  I didn't find anything cheaper for padding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

If you're looking for the $14.98 buy this plus a $9.99 pedal - $25 voucher = $14.98

Yep, I bought another  BX_Blue Chorus (already have one) to get the price up past 32 dollars to use the February 25 dollar voucher.

Total $14.98 for an Elysia Alpha Compressor is a good deal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Tip: it comes with 22 presets. You can access them via the "VST3" menu in Cakewalk's plug-in UI. This goes for many other PA products as well.

This is exactly the reason why I use VST2 for most PA  plugins! Much more convenient!

• Like 1