DDMF Plugin Doctor updated

Hidden Symmetry

Playing around with the new Hammerstein feature...so far it's more confusing than enlightening. Of course, one can always consult the manual:

Technically, the Hammerstein model consists of the diagonal terms of the corresponding Volterra kernel.

Well, then. There ya go. Mystery solved.

Currently reading this document, which purports to explain the method. Basically, it's a way to more accurately break down the harmonic components of a test signal.

I'm having some difficulty because the top of the graph is 0 dB. This appears to be relative to the test signal amplitude, since lowering the signal does not change the display. That means if I place an EQ under test and apply a boost with it, the trace disappears off the top of PD's display. I'm missing something, I'm sure. Maybe a scaling option somewhere...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Well, then. There ya go. Mystery solved.

d00d! My mixes have been languishing waiting for me to be able to look into the Volterra kernels of the plug-ins I've been using. 🤣

Good lord, there are some things that interest me about Plug-In Doctor, but if I had it, I suspect it would be yet another thing to distract me from getting work done.

• 6 months later...