Cakewalk tries to open but then just vanishes!

kit martin duff

Question

Hi everyone here is the jist of it; Problem started yesterday when the record button would go red after clicking and then blankout after starting to play. Then when I tried to restart the programme the open screen would appear and then the daw in the background but after about three seconds just vanished! Decided to do a complete new install of prog. The problem is the same. Been trying to find similar problems here in forum but to no avail please help if possible.

1 answer to this question

29 minutes ago, kit martin duff said:

Hi everyone here is the jist of it; Problem started yesterday when the record button would go red after clicking and then blankout after starting to play. Then when I tried to restart the programme the open screen would appear and then the daw in the background but after about three seconds just vanished! Decided to do a complete new install of prog. The problem is the same. Been trying to find similar problems here in forum but to no avail please help if possible.

I have had this issue when a project or a template has a corrupted screenset therein.

Do you have a default template that has screensets that may be corrupted?  Maybe try renaming your default Project template and then opening CbB.

Of course, I am assuming that your windows and hardware drivers are up to date.