System Rebuild: SPLAT Instruments and Effects

garry

I'm getting the urge to rebuild my studio system and add a 1TB SSD just for audio projects. This system has years of software updates/etc on it. Lots of history. A scorched earth rebuild might be nice to clean everything up. I currently have a 256GB SSD for the OS/apps and a 1TB hard disk (7200 RPM) for data (including audio). I'll be wanting to use the hard disk for backups and the new SSD as the working drive for audio data.

I verified that I can use Command Center to check the download status of my SPLAT software and add-ons. But once I wipe the system and just have a fresh copy of Windows, how/where do I get Command Center? I don't have a use for SPLAT itself, just all the add-ons and built in effects. Do I need to install SPLAT itself to get the built-in effects/etc?

I'm sure I'm not the first guy to do this. Hopefully someone that has been down this path can guide me...

THANKS!

https://www.cakewalk.com/Command-Center

Before wiping the system check if you already have the Platinum installers. To see if the installers on still on disk, run the Command Center, click the gear in the upper right, click the Paths tab, the click the folder icon to the right of the Download Path. This will open the download cache. If the installers are there save them before wiping the disk and restore them after installing the Command Center. This will save the time it takes to download the installers.

Don't forget to grab the XLN installer if you use the bundled Addictive Drums. It is on their website.

Melodyne will come from the Celemony site. If you are using v4 of Melodyne, hopefully you saved the v4.1 installer. If not you are stuck using v4.2 or you will need to contact Celemony support to get the older version if you have trouble, like many do, with v4.2.

Current recommendation is install Platinum including the DAW itself. Pretty sure some of the Platinum exclusive plug-ins will not install if the program is not installed. To save space, do not install the tutorials. Once Platinum is installed add BandLab Assistant to get CbB.

Thanks! I've been making a list of all the stuff on the system that I will need to re-install. It's a surprisingly long list. Plus backing up everything (and figuring out what to back up) is going to take time.

I spent the day doing a scorched earth re-install of my studio PC OS/apps and all is well.  Only took six hours which isn't too bad considering all the tools, and plug-ins to be downloaded, installed, and registered. I'm sure there will be application settings/preferences and stuff to tweak as I go, but the machine is alive and (for the moment), clean.

• Like 1