Another story of my life... (Waves related)

craigb

After having to put my life into storage units back in 2009, when I could finally take some of my music gear out to use it I couldn't find my Waves bundles (Gold, Diamond, Restoration, etc.) and thought they had been stolen.

Well, after all of the recent "fun," I either gave away, sent to the dump or brought home to the garage everything I had that was stuffed in my final 10' x 10' storage unit (we're talking crammed floor to ceiling!).  I was just going through one of the boxes with family heirlooms in it and guess what I found!  Yep.  My Waves boxes.

Now, back in 2006, I had gone to a Waves demonstration at a local Guitar Center and ended up spending a fortune for the Diamond upgrade (with Restoration) and one of these:

Waves-APA44-M-2.jpg

Unfortunately, the accelerator ended up in a bad eBay auction (where I learned my lesson about needing a reserve) and only sold for $340 back in 2009! 😢

Anyway, my Diamond upgrade is still shrink-wrapped and sporting a price on the label of $1,650!!!  😲

So, I just got off the phone with Waves and found out that, yes!  I can sell my licenses (called an "ownership transfer"), but the normal prices for everything I have now totals around $730...  Oh, but the Diamond upgrade is currently on sale for $180 less, so everything is now worth $550 max.  Yay.  🙄

But wait!  It gets even better!  I have version 3 so, to upgrade everything to the current version 13 (a requirement to allow me to transfer the ownership), I'd have to pay $125.91 to get their upgrade/renewal service and THEN, if I did transfer ownership, they'll charge a transfer fee equivalent to 5% of the original retail price or $150 max (which is what I would have to pay).

This means I need to come up with over $275 BEFORE even trying to sell these - and that's assuming  they'll even sell right now (most of my stuff isn't getting any responses).  😕

Hmm, did I forget to mention that just last Friday my replacement 10 TB hard drive decided to fail?  Evidently, I was only provided a 90-day warranty when I bought it last August, so I'm screwed there.  I spent most of Friday, all of the weekend and part of Monday (yesterday) restoring the most important files...  Maybe it's time to just give everything away and become a Monk...  🤔

illustration-smiley-mascot-meditating-ha

• Haha 1