Indra Tales - In the Beginning

Mánibranðr Studios

Started from a piano track on Musescore that was meant to be a re-composed intro of one of my first songs, a small idea to add orchestral texture evolved this piece into something fully-realized. I leaned heavily on Spitfire Labs' free instruments, while using Kontakt's Factory Selection for the acoustic Upright Bass and Cakewalk's Studio Instruments Strings for the top layer of Violins.

Love your handle, Lady Fuzz Tail

very nice!

a great example of what can be done with "stock" instrument and tools.  You are a good chef, and could make a fifty dollar plate out of a can of beans and some salt and black pepper.

There is a lot of action going on underneath the lid.  Really liked that move at 1:09

I wanted more, seems like you could continue to flesh this out, and maybe you will, hence the name in the beginning?

Very cool LFT.

• Like 1

Wow, great stuff. I'd call out the section from 1:54 onwards as being especially well mixed. The piano here is just a bit lower in the mix, allowing the entire piece to breathe.

I understand a louder piano in the first third, the intro sets the theme and mood perfectly!

You might play around with decreasing the piano volume in the middle third, as the strings start doing their things. Maybe it's just the upper treble of the piano that could be softened a bit? I dunno.

Very cool chording, very cool piece!

Cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

Beautiful melody and a great transition at 1:05.  I played the song about 5 times already.
I wasn't sure about those string section staccato hits (don't know exact terminology here)
which seemed to come in on different beats each measure. I don't know, just seemed distracting to me.
And I thought the bass could be brought up a bit.
This is a lovely song and I really like it.

• Like 1