No sound through cakewalk with my usb interface

Michael Finnity

This is probly something super simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm using a behringer interface with my edrums. The e drums come through the speakers just fine, and cakewalk recognizes the interface with no issue, but I can't get cakewalk to recognize the sound. Meaning , I can play and hear the drums fine, but there is nothing coming through that channel (meters arnt moving, nothing recording) I've tried everything I can think of, but no luck. I'm sure this is something simple, so any help is appreciated 

51 minutes ago, Michael Finnity said:

This is probly something super simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm using a behringer interface with my edrums. The e drums come through the speakers just fine, and cakewalk recognizes the interface with no issue, but I can't get cakewalk to recognize the sound. Meaning , I can play and hear the drums fine, but there is nothing coming through that channel (meters arnt moving, nothing recording) I've tried everything I can think of, but no luck. I'm sure this is something simple, so any help is appreciated 

Does Cakewalk recognise your drums? To check . . . 

Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI > Devices.

Select your MIDI ports under Inputs.

Select your MIDI ports under Outputs.

15 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Does Cakewalk recognise your drums? To check . . . 

Go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI > Devices.

Select your MIDI ports under Inputs.

Select your MIDI ports under Outputs.

I'm not using midi, I'm running the edrums into the interface and then into the laptop via usb

46 minutes ago, Michael Finnity said:

I'm not using midi, I'm running the edrums into the interface and then into the laptop via usb

1: USB connection.

Is your drum module installed? 

If not, install its driver software. After the module has been configured, connected, and properly installed, you’ll be able to enable it as a MIDI controller and then start recording electronic drums.  

Once the drivers have been installed, the next step is to update Cakewalks  MIDI settings to communicate with your drum module. This means enabling its input and output ports so it can send MIDI data onto a track. You'll be able to then use SI Drums, Addictive drums or any other. 

2: Interface Connection: 

Connect two TRS cables from the Main Outs on your drum module’s back to two inputs of your interface. 

If your interface only has one input, connect a cable from your drum module’s L output to the input on your interface.

Create a Stereo audio track and update the input routing to match the input(s) you’ve connected to your module.

Record-enable the audio track and press record.

Edited by Will_Kaydo

10 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Is your drum module installed? 

If not, install its driver software. After the module has been configured, connected, and properly installed, you’ll be able to enable it as a MIDI controller and then start recording electronic drums.  

Once the drivers have been installed, the next step is to update Cakewalks  MIDI settings to communicate with your drum module. This means enabling its input and output ports so it can send MIDI data onto a track. You'll be able to then use SI Drums, Addictive drums or any other. 

I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to record sounds from my drum module onto cakewalk. I'm using the behringer interface to transfer that sound into cakewalk. Cakewalk recognizes the interface and I can hear the drums through my laptop speakers/headphones/monitors, but cakewalk is not sending the sound to the audio track, even though the input and output is correct. The meters on the track show nothing and the track won't record any audio 

6 minutes ago, Michael Finnity said:

I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to record sounds from my drum module onto cakewalk. I'm using the behringer interface to transfer that sound into cakewalk. Cakewalk recognizes the interface and I can hear the drums through my laptop speakers/headphones/monitors, but cakewalk is not sending the sound to the audio track, even though the input and output is correct. The meters on the track show nothing and the track won't record any audio 

Read again. There were two ways I used to connect. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo