Vox disappeared from my backup

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Hi all,

I am going back through my songs armed with a lot more knowledge about Cakewalk ( thanks mainly to this forum) . Its a bit scary how bad all of the mixes were but I was a complete novice then.

I opened an old song, which seemed to be saved as a cakewalk bundle. However I've lost the vocal track. No sound but I can see the waveform clearly. Obviously something stupid done or not done on my part? Have I lost this? Everything else plays back fine.

Rich

PS So pleased I didn't quite make it to the final three choices of engineer for the new Adele album. 😔

i see a function in "throw exception pOforRichard(random(date-4))" not sure if this specifically for you though 🙂 

it is a good idea to try and save as a normal project and determine if the clips are all there or not. although the vox missing might be a signal from a higher power that you need to re-track those anyways 😉 

Okay, think I've sussed it. For some odd reason the track was in Stereo. Changed it to mono " convert to mono" and now I can hear the vocals. The track looked a bit odd, and now I know why. Such a silly novice thing to miss, I don't think any of the experienced users will say " wow Rich that's a useful thread" but still, just wanted to post to say I am on the right path to sorting it. Just need to find out what went wrong when I saved it as I am pretty sure this wasn't an inadvertent stereo track. Thanks to those who replied, as usual v grateful.

Hey if it makes you feel any better. I'm just in the process of doing what your doing. Opening old projects to re mix using what I think are better tools and methods. 

I listen to the MP3 files I posted on Sound Cloud 2 years ago on my headphones/Cell phone and make notes about what needs fixing. 

Then I opened this one project that is all clearly marked as being from around the same date as those files were uploaded and??? Were's that guitar track? That's not right??? This doesn't sound the same at all??? 

A quick check of all my back up files all show the exact same dates and looking in the audio folders show the exact same files?? But the MP3 version on Sound Cloud is "better"?? Anyhow, I have a feeling this is a case that the absolute final version in a folder  on a bck up drive, which one is the question. I have somehow hidden it in a drawer somewhere for safe keeping along with my Capo I can't find.

Edited by John Vere