2 new Toontrack MIDI packs - save 20%

Time+Space

9 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I find most of the EZKeys MIDI (not all, but including the new Folk set) to have the inspirational quality of elevator music.

If you judge them by the demos I know what you mean :)

It's when you start to use them with your own chord progressions and then start hacking them up that they take a life of their own.  They can take your own compositions into new territory.

I know they aren't for everyone but you can get amazing results really quickly especially for us ham-fisted piano player types.

PS

Dear Toontrack

can we please update EZKeys to the EZBass GUI ...please, please, please

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I find most of the EZKeys MIDI (not all, but including the new Folk set) to have the inspirational quality of elevator music.

Good point. And they used to be made by named musicians, yet these last ones were anonymous. 

8 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I think a lot of them sound more like the guy playing in the piano lounge than elevator music.   As for Folk, I don't really think that sounds particularly folky in the demo.

One I'm surprised to like is the Hip Hop pack.  It has a wide variety of distinctive rhythms.  Unfortunately there aren't a lot of variations with that pack.