Too Many Markers!!

linkbekka

Every time I copy and paste I`m getting markers splattered all over the place. Really annoying and time wasting to have to delete each one until I get to the correctly named marker hidden under all the rest.

Why is this happening? How do I avoid it. Can I delete all markers and start over...? Am I copying this mess of markers every time I copy and paste.....?

Many thanks

Untitjbnjled.jpg

13 minutes ago, linkbekka said:

Every time I copy and paste I`m getting markers splattered all over the place. Really annoying and time wasting to have to delete each one until I get to the correctly named marker hidden under all the rest.

Why is this happening? How do I avoid it. Can I delete all markers and start over...? Am I copying this mess of markers every time I copy and paste.....?

Many thanks

Untitjbnjled.jpg

Try clicking on the clip to highlight it (section) and drag it to where you want it | OR | try the Ctrl+D to duplicate the clip (this one works better for me on my workflows.)

See which one works best for you. 

You might want to swap over to using the arranger it's more visible & can be color coded. I used to use markers too.

As msmcleod noted to me in another thread if you right click just above the arranger track you can copy your markers directly into the arranger. (Great trick BTW)

* Select all first (Ctrl-A) then after the convert you can delete all the markers in one shot in the marker view if you want.

When you copy something, click on Copy Special. You can then deselect markers from what is copied. Once you've done that, the setting will stay for the rest of the session (maybe for the project as well  - I don't know). You won't need to open Copy Special each time you copy. 

You can see the markers better in "Markers view" if you need to do a clean-up before correcting the paste special dialogue. I've had a situation where Importing wave files from Logic would paste logics track name of the imported file into the markers view - it could get messy pretty quick when doing bulk imports - Markers view is very quick method to clean all that up.