Multiple melodyne tracks

jono grant

1 hour ago, lapasoa said:

Can't understand why multiple tracks at same time in Melodyne.

It's faster to analyze all tracks at once that one by one (select all tracks - apply Melodyne) . Once analyzed you just select the track for editing within Melodyne or from CW (depending on your Melodyne version).

2 hours ago, jono grant said:

Yes, but when I analyze more than one at a time, it's all glitchy. I have to do them separate. Perhaps I need an update or something?

uh... never happened here :( 

By glitchy you mean there are glitches on playback? (if so, you can change your driver configuration to increase the driver buffer size) - may be a playback issue rather than Melodyne? 

Melodyne prompts you to update when available.

This might be different than what the original poster was getting at, but in case it's not:

I recently wanted to see if it were possible to do a region FX Melodyne pitch correction to a number of tracks at once. These were background vocal choir parts, which would be very low in the mix - so precision tuning not required, and the parts were sung well anyway. Instead of going  individually through 12 tracks of a six-minute song... to pitch correct them all in one batch. 

• 3 months later...

I've found the solution to this issue. In Cakewalk, if you have clips that have been slip-edited or have fades on them, and you choose multiple tracks like this and try to bring into melodyne region effects, they get all garbled up and glitched.

However; if you bounce the files to clips first, it works fine to import multiple clips.

Perhaps people not having this issue were simply bringing in clips that were not edited/faded etc. (I think?)

The weird thing is, if I have a single track with edits and fades, it works fine, only happens on multiple track/clips

Anyhow, it works if you bounce to clips first. Cheers

Jono

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jono grant said:

I've found the solution to this issue. In Cakewalk, if you have clips that have been slip-edited or have fades on them, and you choose multiple tracks like this and try to bring into melodyne region effects, they get all garbled up and glitched.

However; if you bounce the files to clips first, it works fine to import multiple clips.

Perhaps people not having this issue were simply bringing in clips that were not edited/faded etc. (I think?)

The weird thing is, if I have a single track with edits and fades, it works fine, only happens on multiple track/clips

Anyhow, it works if you bounce to clips first. Cheers

Jono

Mhhh, perhaps this is the explanation (and workaround)  for this related problem I had:

14 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Mhhh, perhaps this is the explanation (and workaround)  for this related problem I had:

Tried it again this morning, the multiple tracks brought into melodyne seemed okay, but there were some tiny glitches, very hard to detect but there. Back to bringing them in individually! My friend doesn't have this issue in Cubase.

• Like 1