[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

4 hours ago, Keni said:

BTW...

I also verified my so far un-commented upon report of delay/drop outs when clicking to enable/disable Looping... All is well in 2021.12, but not in either 23, 25, or 26.

Most uncomfortable...

Not seeing anything like that here. Multiple people have tried it. It is likely specific to your project. What drop out code are you getting?

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Good find. That fixed the more serious issue. Melodyne is now performing as I expect.

...but the audio dropouts are now even more severe than in 23/25/26. If I enable or disable Loop during playback, the dropouts are sever enough to stop the audio engine repeatedly. This is on a piece that works fine when reverted to 2021.12.

Likely coincidental. There is zero change that would have impacted dropouts. What is the dropout code? Is it happening on a specific project?
Without details its impossible to follow up on such cases.

1 minute ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Likely coincidental. There is zero change that would have impacted dropouts. What is the dropout code? Is it happening on a specific project?
Without details its impossible to follow up on such cases.

The Code was (5), but now not repeating. It's behaving as 23/25/26 . The engine doesn't stop, but sound drops out and continues after a tiny pause. Again I note that this exact project doesn't do this on 2021.12

Please refer to the dropout codes help.
Code 5 : Disk reading overloaded and could not keep up with playback pump : Increase playback I/O buffer size

This is completely unrelated to any work in this release. Try and breakdown your project and troubleshoot whats causing the load is the only suggestion I have.
There are literally no changes to how toggling looping works since 2012.

34 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Please refer to the dropout codes help.
Code 5 : Disk reading overloaded and could not keep up with playback pump : Increase playback I/O buffer size

This is completely unrelated to any work in this release. Try and breakdown your project and troubleshoot whats causing the load is the only suggestion I have.
There are literally no changes to how toggling looping works since 2012.

While it may appear to be unrelated to this release, the same project (and all my others) are not having this issue through 2021.12

Only in 2022.2 so something is different and maybe through some unusual relationship causing this to happen.

As to the dropout code, that is no longer happening but the loop enable dropout is still happening.

1 hour ago, Keni said:

The engine doesn't stop, but sound drops out and continues after a tiny pause. 

This happened on one of my systems yesterday, but that was due to the OS not being activated. Maybe check there. I also reinstalled the Interface drivers again. 

Check your Melodynes License too |OR| any plugin license that might have expired. Just bypass them one by one if its on the file you're working one. If its the overall project sound, check the Plugins in your Master chain. 

21 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

This happened on one of my systems yesterday, but that was due to the OS not being activated. Maybe check there. I also reinstalled the Interface drivers again. 

Check your Melodynes License too |OR| any plugin license that might have expired. Just bypass them one by one if its on the file you're working one. If its the overall project sound, check the Plugins in your Master chain. 

The dropout is all sound. It works fine in 2021.12 and before. Nothing in the project was changed prior to updating to the EA and rolling back proves it.

Something else changed...

23 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Max Arwood @KWILD If you are running AutoTune Pro can you please check if its being reported as an ARA plugin? I believe it might be because of this: https://antarestech.force.com/s/article/Auto-Tune-Pro-ARA-Compatible-Host-DAWs

You can check this by looking for it in the clip region effects menu. If you don't see it there look in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory
Under the record for autotune see if the isARA flag is set to 1 in any of the records for it. 

If its exposing itself as an ARA plugin and you are using it as a track effect then its likely to be the same cause as the melodyne issue that was reported. 
We'll be posting a fix for that shortly...

Autotune pro is fixed. 
Thanks!

1 minute ago, Keni said:

The dropout is all sound. It works fine in 2021.12 and before. Nothing in the project was changed prior to updating to the EA and rolling back proves it.

Something else changed...

That something else would be environmental. As mentioned there is nothing in the code that changes behavior of loop toggling.

2 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

That something else would be environmental. As mentioned there is nothing in the code that changes behavior of loop toggling.

Why is there no problem rolling back to 2021.12?

I understand that you didn’t change anything about the loop function, but I believe something in the changes made fir this update is causing this to happen. I guess I may be trapped at 2021.12 for the forseeable?

That is only a single data point and doesnt prove anything definitively. The cause could be any number of reasons. You haven't answered the question of whether it happens only on a specific project for one. it could be system load related, timing or a million other things that differ from one version to another.  Follow normal troubleshooting by isolating the problem if its project specific. If you can narrow it down to a plugin or something else and send us better repro steps then there might be more to follow up on. But for now there is not enough to go on.

6 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

That is only a single data point and doesnt prove anything definitively. The cause could be any number of reasons. You haven't answered the question of whether it happens only on a specific project for one. it could be system load related, timing or a million other things that differ from one version to another.  Follow normal troubleshooting by isolating the problem if its project specific. If you can narrow it down to a plugin or something else and send us better repro steps then there might be more to follow up on. But for now there is not enough to go on.

Thanks Noel.

I will endeavor to find more info. It is not project specific as I’m seeing it in all my projects. Maybe something I use in all my projects is having trouble with this EA.

I will move back to 2021.12 after the update is officially released.

41 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Thanks Noel...

I've attempted to isolate the issue but it's still eluding me. I've stripped projects down removing all plugins and the problem remains. I increased the ASIO buffer size to 4 times the size/latency and the problem persists.  I didn't try larger as it would be useless for me beyond 1024...

Edited by Keni

10 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel...

I've attempted to isolate the issue but it's still eluding me. I've stripped projects down removing all plugins and the problem remains. I increased the ASIO buffer size to 4 times the size/latency and the problem persists.  I didn't try larger as it would be useless for me beyond 1024...

Please follow up via PM.

5 hours ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel!

Wow! That was fast. You continue to amaze me.

Well, he has the source code.

Not that he's not amazing. My wife at Christmas put up a wooden NOEL thing over the sink.

I sang it to her No-wool, No-wool. No-wool, No-wool She smiled knowingly.

Edited by bitman
clarity
  • Haha 2

On 2/14/2022 at 9:24 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Jonathan Wade which version of melodyne are you using and are you using it as a region effect?
We're not seeing any issues with follow playback in this release.
Are you trying to manually transfer audio in melodyne? That is not required since using it as a region effect clip automatically handles that.

Melodyne 5, and I was using it in the FX bin

4 hours ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel...

Going by the one error code you got, disk I/O load or performance may be marginal. Maybe whatever changed has something to do with how disk I/O is managed. Does your task manager performance tab show anything about heavy disk load?

10 hours ago, Keni said:

Good find. That fixed the more serious issue. Melodyne is now performing as I expect.

...but the audio dropouts are now even more severe than in 23/25/26. If I enable or disable Loop during playback, the dropouts are sever enough to stop the audio engine repeatedly. This is on a piece that works fine when reverted to 2021.12.

11 hours ago, David Baay said:

What are the exact symptoms of "doesn't work"?

For example, turning on EQ or TUBE in the Inspector pane, I received an error message 'The following VST plug-in failed to load'. 

The error went away after I did a manual plug-in rescaning. Now  ProChannel is working well. Thank you!

Edited by anikin_vi@mail.ru

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic