[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

Hi. 

I don't have any problems with dropouts in the audio, but I do have a problem with the now time marker going along my tracks stuttering( visual) when I play the tracks. I went back to 2021-12 and the now time marker moves smoothly. Any thoughts??????

Edited by Danny Miller

Dear colleagues and developers!
Tell me how to assign a keyboard shortcut similar to CTRL + scrolling up and down with the mouse to navigate the project?
I've already been tormented by the mouse to do everything, and the scrolling has become stuck lately, although the mouse is very cool ...

1400007154_.png.b4f6002c62bbe1f98b4597238f2e97f8.png

Edited by Asato Maa

2 hours ago, Danny Miller said:

Hi. 

I don't have any problems with dropouts in the audio, but I do have a problem with the now time marker going along my tracks stuttering( visual) when I play the tracks. I went back to 2021-12 and the now time marker moves smoothly. Any thoughts??????

You may have inadvertently put CbB into GUI Throttle mode, which reduces screen updates in favour of audio processing.

The Pause key (usually next to PrtScr / Scroll Lock) toggles this state.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Baay said:

What are the exact symptoms of "doesn't work"?

For example, turning on EQ or TUBE in the Inspector pane, I receive an error message 'The following VST plug-in failed to load'. 

The error went away after I did a manual plug-in rescaning. Now  ProChannel is working well. Thank you!

6 hours ago, bvideo said:

Going by the one error code you got, disk I/O load or performance may be marginal. Maybe whatever changed has something to do with how disk I/O is managed. Does your task manager performance tab show anything about heavy disk load?

I’ll look today. Thanks for the idea.

I was working on a project last night, and when I opened it and tried
to play it it would only "Blip" and then stop.  I did this multiple times
to see if it was consistent, and it was.  So I turned off all FX and the 
problem went away.  That left me to turn back on the FX one at time
when I got to Flex Verb and turned it one, the problem was back.
When I turned it off, the problem went away.  It had been
working fine before the latest update, so just wanted to forewarn anyone
using the latest preview and SLL FlexVerb in their projects that you might have
a problem.

48 minutes ago, cclarry said:

anyone using the latest preview and SLL FlexVerb in their projects that you might have a problem.

Now I specifically tried it - everything works flawlessly, I have version SSL Native FlexVerb 6.5.0 VST3. I checked all the presets, inserted them on different tracks and BUSes, even tried to insert 2 instances in series - everything works without failures.

I have the latest update build 027, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 installed.

Edited by IgoRr

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I was working on a project last night, and when I opened it and tried
to play it it would only "Blip" and then stop.  I did this multiple times
to see if it was consistent, and it was.  So I turned off all FX and the 
problem went away.  That left me to turn back on the FX one at time
when I got to Flex Verb and turned it one, the problem was back.
When I turned it off, the problem went away.  It had been
working fine before the latest update, so just wanted to forewarn anyone
using the latest preview and SLL FlexVerb in their projects that you might have
a problem.

In fact, its not the latest update. Its a known occurrence from time to time (plugin lockup.) Sometimes the "Blip" starts on the project load | and | other times when hitting the start button/play. 

This happens randomly with any plugin, whether its Waves, UAD, Fabfilter -- it happens.  

The fix for me is to remove the plugin responsible for this, save the project>close the DAW>reopen and reinsert the effect. 

Dont save the preset otherwise you'll save it with the "blip." 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anikin_VI said:

One more problem: When I select UWP Driver Mode, the Preferences Window looks as the picture.  I think that UTF-8 encoding must be used hear.

Preferences.png

Thanks for the report.

Do you see the same thing if you change 'Driver Mode' to 'MME'? Also, do you know what that port name should actually be? If you can paste it here, then I might be able to reproduce it.

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

In fact, its not the latest update. Its a known occurrence from time to time (plugin lockup.) Sometimes the "Blip" starts on the project load | and | other times when hitting the start button/play. 

This happens randomly with any plugin, whether its Waves, UAD, Fabfilter -- it happens.  

The fix for me is to remove the plugin responsible for this, save the project>close the DAW>reopen and reinsert the effect. 

Dont save the preset otherwise you'll save it with the "blip."

Thanks for the tip, I'll try next time I have this issue again. I get it randomly since maybe last year, mostly hitting Dexed.

What kind of preset did you mean?

7 hours ago, msmcleod said:

You may have inadvertently put CbB into GUI Throttle mode, which reduces screen updates in favour of audio processing.

The Pause key (usually next to PrtScr / Scroll Lock) toggles this state.

I never use those keys, but it wont hurt to try. Thank You.

4 minutes ago, Jorge Arias said:

Is there some kind of visual indicator that the function is activated?

Other than the jerky UI 😁?   I don't think so...  an indicator was likely there on the status bar, which got removed when the Skylight interface was introduced in SONAR X1.  I think this has been there since the Cakewalk for DOS days and forgotten about.

A lot of PC keyboards don't even have a pause key, especially laptops.

It does have its uses though as a quick resort to freeing up some CPU.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll try next time I have this issue again. I get it randomly since maybe last year, mostly hitting Dexed.

The one that was used/created with the plugin in the project. Whether its a factory preset that were slightly changed made in volume/attack/release/decay/drive etc.  You'll have to memorize or write it down. I normally create it from scratch again. If it is a VSTi, create a new insert, but dont copy or drag the midi information on to the new insert. Just last week I had the same problem in Logic too - all this with the stock compressor. It is also not hardware drivers related. I run Focusrite Gen2 on the main Windows system with CbB and Apollo twin with the Mac. It's also not routing related. My guess: its probably wifi or antivirus related, even if your DAW is excluded from it. Theres also the bluetooth devices and the possibility that it can be a cpu and memory power search/overclock issue upon loading the DAW, or when it was closed.  

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Dexed seems buggy as all hell to me (I uninstalled it), especially if doing anything syncing to tempo.

19 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Other than the jerky UI 😁?   I don't think so...  an indicator was likely there on the status bar, which got removed when the Skylight interface was introduced in SONAR X1.  I think this has been there since the Cakewalk for DOS days and forgotten about.

A lot of PC keyboards don't even have a pause key, especially laptops.

It does have its uses though as a quick resort to freeing up some CPU.

A visual indicator for this is actually a great idea! 💡 I don't know how many threads and questions that have been created about this in the forum...

It certainly feels like a bug if you don't know what it is and activate it by mistake. :)

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Ben Staton said:

Thanks for the report.

Do you see the same thing if you change 'Driver Mode' to 'MME'? Also, do you know what that port name should actually be? If you can paste it here, then I might be able to reproduce it.

Here are other screenshots (MME - all texts in English, UWP -  all texts in native language, encoding latin1, I think):

1050567508_MME_MIDIDevices.png.fab21bee016759d4801311f3e4c9315a.png1050567508_MME_MIDIDevices.png.fab21bee016759d4801311f3e4c9315a.png1483178454_MME_MIDIInstruments.png.2f261904b5935b6e7c1a0b3353c72309.png340954100_MME_MIDIControlSurfaces.png.fd99b86ab4a129a5fd78f8ac5e998ba8.png270153699_UWP_MIDIDevices.png.c6a6682b00b1a9264611797f4918000f.png1450771438_UWP_MIDIInstruments.png.75619633b0f109aa5c44da3bbdde7e6b.png813480434_UWP_ControlSurfaces.png.513b2337e3fae835427dfce6f400ee41.png

MME_MIDI Playback and Recording.png

Edited by Anikin_VI
  • Thanks 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic