[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

Export Audio dialog:

• Export Path changes unexpectedly after save

This is fixed in the Export Audio dialog, however, if you Save after exporting and then use the "Open Export Location" button, the path is still reverting to the default export location of "%PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export"

image.png.8a3069ea72c81a984539136d4708d41e.png

6 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

So, the keybinding issue is just gona be ignored? 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my system - as in NOTHING! I even went as far as to buy a new SSD just to test. Again on a brand new clean Windows 10 OS (this time on a brand new drive) with absolutely nothing on it, with Windows Defender disabled keys binding dont save unless that new VST3 guest path is removed and I wish I knew why. 

So I guess when theres a new Update i'm gona have to remove that path and manually save keybinding every time. 

This is something very specific to your system and nobody else has reported it. So without more information we have nothing to proceed on.
We’ll start a PM thread with you to collect more information so check your PM’s and provide more information.
@Will_Kaydo please respond ASAP since we are planning on releasing this update soon.

• Like 1

OK... Problem with 26

All was (mostly) well here with 25, but after updating to 26, Melodyne keeps causing bad crash.

Situation...

Copying a Melodyne clip from one track to another, then attempting to open the newly copied clip and up pops dialog reporting Melodyne crash and offering emergency save.

Now rolled back to 2021.12 and all is well again. I believe I still have the two previous updates (23/25) and will attempt updating to them now.

26 is a show stopper here...

Oh... I'm using Melodyne 4.x as I'm trapped with Windows 8.1 due to old hardware...

23 minutes ago, Keni said:

I'm using Melodyne 4.x as I'm trapped with Windows 8.1 due to old hardware...

I work on Windows 8.1 and Melodyne 5.1.1 works for me without the slightest complaint. Also, it's best to copy clips with Melodyne after you "bounce to clip" on the original clip, this turns it into a "monolithic" file and is almost guaranteed to eliminate copying problems.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Keni said:

OK... Problem with 26

All was (mostly) well here with 25, but after updating to 26, Melodyne keeps causing bad crash.

Situation...

Copying a Melodyne clip from one track to another, then attempting to open the newly copied clip and up pops dialog reporting Melodyne crash and offering emergency save.

Now rolled back to 2021.12 and all is well again. I believe I still have the two previous updates (23/25) and will attempt updating to them now.

26 is a show stopper here...

Oh... I'm using Melodyne 4.x as I'm trapped with Windows 8.1 due to old hardware...

@KeniPlease send a mini dump file.

1 hour ago, Keni said:

delay/drop outs when clicking to enable/disable Looping..

This is likely to be project/plugin-specific. Have you tried it in a very simple project? What about using the L keybinding instead of clicking?

EDIT: Oops. missed that rollback fixes it. Maybe also related to the Melodyne -related changes...? Does it happen in a project without Melodyne?

Edited by David Baay

On 2/14/2022 at 8:43 AM, sreams said:

Offset mode should handle this. Press "O" on your keyboard, and now you have a separate control that is not tied to the envelope.

it doesn't  work , but I know what you said
I would move all entire selected point whit a FADER but without Offset mode 

Edited by EnglandBross

43 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

I work on Windows 8.1 and Melodyne 5.1.1 works for me without the slightest complaint. Also, it's best to copy clips with Melodyne after you "bounce to clip" on the original clip, this turns it into a "monolithic" file and is almost guaranteed to eliminate copying problems.

Thanks.... I was concerned that it might not install correctly. I actually had a rep make a special download for me to install 4.x even though I bought 5.x

Lets see if I get the nerve to try... This one's a biggie for me!

As to copying? Yes, though not necessarily best... It's a matter of what's needed... In this case (which I often have) I wish to archive/hide/save my actual work tracks with my existing Melodyne editing so that I can alter edits later if need be. I then copy them to the track I actually use in the mix creating an additional Melodyne track automatically then to render this on the copied track.

47 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@KeniPlease send a mini dump file.

OK but I'm embarrassed...

I have never done this before. Are there instructions somewhere so I don't have to bother others? Does this need to be newly created or should it exist from the crashes that happened already? I'm wondering if I need to re-update to 26? I've stayed rolled back to 2021.12 where all is well for me.

42 minutes ago, David Baay said:

This is likely to be project/plugin-specific. Have you tried it in a very simple project? What about using the L keybinding instead of clicking?

EDIT: Oops. missed that rollback fixes it. Maybe also related to the Melodyne -related changes...? Does it happen in a project with Melodyne?

Thanks David... Nothing changes it but after rolling back to 2021.12, all is well with everything once again.

Yes, it happens in projects with Melodyne. I can check without Melodyne if need be, but I would need to re-update to 26 as I am currently back to safe zone with 2021.12

6 minutes ago, Keni said:

OK but I'm embarrassed...

I have never done this before. Are there instructions somewhere so I don't have to bother others? Does this need to be newly created or should it exist from the crashes that happened already? I'm wondering if I need to re-update to 26? I've stayed rolled back to 2021.12 where all is well for me.

Give Noel's post here a read: 

4 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Give Noel's post here a read: 

Thanks. That nailed it for me. I will locate the correct dump.

Do I then send it to Noel via attachment to PM?

Never mind. Read more of the above.

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

After installing Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 26], ProChannel works well on the Desktop with Windows 10 Pro,  Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) - 14.29.30135,  Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) -14.30.30708, but does't work on the Notebook with Windows 10 Home,  Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022  Redistributable (x64) -14.30.30704.

Edited by anikin_vi@mail.ru
error

36 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Keni please download build 28.02.0.027 which is linked from the top post in this thread. Let us know if it solves the issue.

Good find. That fixed the more serious issue. Melodyne is now performing as I expect.

...but the audio dropouts are now even more severe than in 23/25/26. If I enable or disable Loop during playback, the dropouts are sever enough to stop the audio engine repeatedly. This is on a piece that works fine when reverted to 2021.12.

Edited by Keni

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic