[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

8 hours ago, Carl Parnell said:

There is an issue on audio when pre click of metronome count in, the audio cuts out on the armed track until it hits the point of record.

This is only come about in the update.

This is not new; CbB (and SONAR before it) has always done this.  I'm a bit surprised this doesn't come up more often, but I suspect most users don't ever try to play during the count-in.

12 hours ago, Jonathan Wade said:

update seems to have broken melodyne. Plugin wont follow playback, read previous edits, or transfer audio. Rollback fixed the issue

There was indeed an issue with using Melodyne in an effects rack rather than a region effect. I've fixed that issue now.
@Laurence Levin are you also using Melodyne as an effect this way? I'm curious why anyone chooses to use melodyne as an effect when ARA is the proper way to do it.

13 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Yes, that is what I am talking about. Autotune Pro with other plugins. Sometimes sounds like an octave down, other times just distortion. I thought I had trashed the file for some reason. What I opened another song, it was the same distortion.  Had to go back to 2021. Another note - my driver is set to 2048 buffer samples. Is yours high like that?

@Max Arwood @KWILD If you are running AutoTune Pro can you please check if its being reported as an ARA plugin? I believe it might be because of this: https://antarestech.force.com/s/article/Auto-Tune-Pro-ARA-Compatible-Host-DAWs

You can check this by looking for it in the clip region effects menu. If you don't see it there look in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory
Under the record for autotune see if the isARA flag is set to 1 in any of the records for it. 

If its exposing itself as an ARA plugin and you are using it as a track effect then its likely to be the same cause as the melodyne issue that was reported. 
We'll be posting a fix for that shortly...

18 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Please verify that this fixes the issue.

I just checked - everything works completely normally, there are no anomalies, after applie Melodyne, it opens in the format "Region FX"

Edited by IgoRr

On 2/12/2022 at 1:41 AM, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

@Kevin Walsh

You have activated "Offset Mode". Right beside the loudness values is a "+" sign! Uncheck the Offset Mode in the Controlbar right beside the Exclusive Solo button, underneath the Record button.

Bassman.

Thanks! You were absolutely right, I did the entire mix in offset mode. Painful mistake. I've been using Cakewalk/Sonar for years and I never knew about it. 

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

There was indeed an issue with using Melodyne in an effects rack rather than a region effect. I've fixed that issue now.
@Laurence Levin are you also using Melodyne as an effect this way? I'm curious why anyone chooses to use melodyne as an effect when ARA is the proper way to do it.

Noel, I have been using Melodyne in the effects rack. I'm unaware of what a region effect is. I will Google this, but if you know of any link with an explanation or tutorial of this, I'd appreciate it! 

Reverting to the earlier version of Cakewalk fixed my problem, and I'll upgrade to the Beta version again soon. 

Edited by Laurence Levin

*sigh*

My God I'm having a lot of problems I really don't have time for. OK, so I uninstalled Cakewalk by Bandlab and now I can't re-install it, because my Bandlab Assistant under Cakewalk keeps saying "Update" and not "Install". But I uninstalled Cakewalk.

So I click "Update" and it just sits there forever at "Downloading (0/0)". Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

It seems that Bandlab Assistant still thinks Cakewalk by Bandlab is installed on my computer when it isn't. I restarted my computer and I'm running into the same issue.

I uninstalled and then re-installed Bandlab Assistant. Same issue. I can't possibly be the only one having this issue.

Edited by Craig Reeves

14 minutes ago, Craig Reeves said:

Is anybody else's Bandlab Assistant screwing up? Is it down or something? I uninstalled Cakewalk to re-install the current release (sorry but this Early Release ain't it) but now it's not letting me install Cakewalk at all. It's stuck at 0/0 Downloading.

8 minutes ago, Craig Reeves said:

*sigh*

My God I'm having a lot of problems I really don't have time for. OK, so I uninstalled Cakewalk by Bandlab and now I can't re-install it, because my Bandlab Assistant under Cakewalk keeps saying "Update" and not "Install". But I uninstalled Cakewalk.

So I click "Update" and it just sits there forever at "Downloading (0/0)". Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

It seems that Bandlab Assistant still thinks Cakewalk by Bandlab is installed on my computer when it isn't. I restarted my computer and I'm running into the same issue.

I uninstalled and then re-installed Bandlab Assistant. Same issue. I can't possibly be the only one having this issue.

9 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Use the "Cakewalk Installer" link here:

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

So, the keybinding issue is just gona be ignored? 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my system - as in NOTHING! I even went as far as to buy a new SSD just to test. Again on a brand new clean Windows 10 OS (this time on a brand new drive) with absolutely nothing on it, with Windows Defender disabled keys binding dont save unless that new VST3 guest path is removed and I wish I knew why. 

So I guess when theres a new Update i'm gona have to remove that path and manually save keybinding every time. 

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Morten Saether locked, featured and unfeatured this topic